- The facilities at Coalhouse Fort include a park, moat, picnic benches, and walks. The park is open throughout the year, however the Fort itself is only accessible on open days and events. .
- Admission Prices for open days Adults (17+) = £3.00 Concessions = £2.00.
- Children 5 - 16 inclusive = 50p.
- Opening times: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Last admission 4 p.m.
- Special Events may have varying times.
- No unaccompanied Children under 16 are allowed.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the village.
- This venue is situated in East Tilbury.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is East Tilbury.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the side of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 6 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 480cm x 420cm (15ft 9in x 13ft 9in).
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Entrance From Car Park)
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open (no doors).
- There is level access to the service.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is located to the side of the fort entrance.
- There is not level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens inwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 210cm x 215cm (6ft 11in x 7ft 1in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 130cm (4ft 3in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Level Change (Accessible Toilet)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located to the right as you face the facilities.
- The ramp/slope gradient is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on the left going up.
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located to the left as you face the facilities.
- There is/are 3 step(s) to the area/service.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on the right going up the step(s).
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilets are located near the entrance of the Fort.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the female and male toilet.