- The information in this section was taken in November 2020.
- There are separate doors for entering and exiting.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are free standing.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- There is not a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is a one-way system throughout.
- The one-way system is clearly marked/signed.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- Toilets are available.
- The venue is not certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Grays.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Grays.
Parking (Grays Shopping Centre Parking)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located in Crown Road to the rear of the shopping centre.
- The car park type is multi storey.
- There is/are 10+ Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 370cm x 440cm (12ft 2in x 14ft 5in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 10m (10yd 2ft) from the lift.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 70m (76yd 1ft) from the lift.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is concrete.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The designated bays are mostly on level 1 and 1A (Blue).
- The bays lead to the lifts via an easy ramp.
- Levels 3A and 4 are for permit parking Monday-Friday.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located leading from the car park to the centre.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 137cm x 200cm (4ft 6in x 6ft 7in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- The shopping centre is on the ground floor.
- There is an easy ramp leading from the designated bays to the lift, as shown in photograph 2.
- Photographs 3 and 4 show the entrance to the lifts on level 1 and 1A.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on High Street.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 112cm (3ft 8in).
- There is also a side entrance into the venue with manual doors (188cm wide). There is an easy slope on the pavement leading to the side entrance.
- There is not level access to the service.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played in the centre.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- Customers cannot charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
Level Change (Inside Access)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located beyond the main entrance.
- The ramp/slope gradient is slight.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 135m (147yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located at the rear of the ground floor.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from security.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 83cm (2ft 9in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 140cm x 200cm (4ft 7in x 6ft 7in).
- There is not sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 81cm (2ft 8in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are sanitary disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 44cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the hand dryer is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located at the rear of the shopping centre.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 135m (147yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.