- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Upminster.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline station is Upminster.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is concrete.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located to the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
Second set of doors
- There is a small raised threshold in the doorway.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located at the front of the building.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 9m (9yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the right of the counter.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door weight is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 147cm x 200cm (4ft 10in x 6ft 7in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm available.
- No emergency alarm fitted in the cubicle.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 40cm (1ft 4in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The hand dryer is 122cm (4ft) high.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the sink is 80cm (2ft 7in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents are available in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service cannot be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.