- Related link TFL Accessibility Guides.
- TFL produce a range of maps and guides, including large print and black and white of step-free stations and facilities.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest underground station is Bethnal Green.
- The nearest DLR station is Shadwell.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are available.
- The dimensions of the marked Blue Badge bays are 200cm x 500cm (6ft 7in x 16ft 5in).
- On street Blue Badge parking is located on Tapp Street.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Blue Badge parking is limited to 3 hours.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this entrance.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The door(s) is/are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 160cm.
- The ramp/slope is located leading up from the pathway.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is slight.
- There are generally 1 member(s) of staff on duty.
- The station is staffed.
- There is an office to obtain help.
- The office to obtain help is 4m (4yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- This office is located to the left as you enter.
- There is not a ticket office.
- The train companies that operate within this station include:.
- Please click here for access information for TFL.
- There is not a taxi rank at the station.
- There are 2 platform(s) in the station.
- The platform(s) accessed by steps only is / are 1-2.
Additional Station Information
- Announcements on platforms are audio and visual.
- Platforms which have tactile markings at the platform edge are 1-2.
- Accessible toilets are not located on the platform(s).
- Accessible toilets are located on the main station concourse.
- The station is staffed at all times when trains are running.
- Staff may be on the platforms rather than in the information office.
- There are self-service ticket machines available at the station entrance.
Level Change (Access to Platforms)
- There is a / are step(s) to access this area / service.
- The step(s) is / are located from street level to each platform.
- There is / are 15+ step(s) to the area / service.
- The lighting levels at the steps are bright.
- There is tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is / are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
- The accessible toilet cubicle was being used for storage at the time of the survey.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located to the left as you enter.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is not a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from a member of staff.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is not push pad activated.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 94cm (3ft 1in).
- The door weight is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 180cm x 270cm (5ft 11in x 8ft 10in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency alarm is fully functional.
- It is not a push button style of alarm.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is not a toilet roll holder.
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- This toilet is also used as the staff toilet.
- Access is at the discretion of staff.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water cannot be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.