- The venue is situated within the centre of the borough.
- This venue is situated in Tower Hamlets.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Wapping.
- The nearest underground station is Tower Hill.
- Please contact the venue for details of opening times, opening times do vary depending on timetabling and Opening times for the venue vary according to bookings/events taking place.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- The dimensions of the standard marked parking bays are 200cm x 400cm (6ft 7in x 13ft 1in).
- Standard marked parking bays are located on Green Bank, to the south of Wapping Gardens.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There are pay and display parking bays outside one of the park entrances on Green Bank.
- All the other bays in the area are in a Residents' Controlled Parking Zone.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) by sliding.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 110cm (3ft 7in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located at the threshold.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are shallow.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- The play room has defined areas for imaginative play, craft activities, reading etc.
- There is direct access from the play room to a secure outdoor play area.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 8m (26ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located within the room containing the standard unisex toilet facilities, at the rear right hand side of the play room. This room has an inward opening door.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 87cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 160cm x 124cm (5ft 3in x 4ft 1in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is not clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- There is not a dropdown rail.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is twist/turn.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm available.
- No emergency alarm fitted in the cubicle.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is not higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There are not mirrors in the accessible toilet.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 45cm (1ft 6in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The towel dispenser is 130cm (4ft 3in) high.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The sink is 80cm (2ft 7in) high.
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- There is an 80cm space in front of the toilet pan, which limits the turning area.
- There is no sink or towel dispenser within the accessible toilet cubicle.
- The sinks, mirrors and towel dispenser are within the general toilet facilities.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located off the rear right hand side of the playroom.
- Unisex toilets are 8m (26ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the unisex standard toilet facilities.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.