- Services / facilities within the grounds include a children's play area and cafe.
COVID-19 Information (The Inside)
- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- There is a member of staff available at the entrance.
- There is hand sanitiser available at the entrance.
- The hand sanitisers are hand held.
- The height of the hand sanitiser is 48cm.
- The height of the hand sanitisers range between 48cm and 100cm.
- Hand sanitisers are available inside the venue.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- There is a Track and Trace system in place.
- There is not a one-way system throughout.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- There are protective clear screens located at desks/counters.
- Toilets are available.
- The venue is not certified with the 'We’re Good To Go’ COVID-19 industry standard.
- The venue is open 24hrs.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest National Rail station is Tunbridge Wells.
Access Point (Mountfield Gardens)
- This information is for the access point located Mountfield Gardens.
- There is not an information board/map at this access point.
- There is ramped/sloped access at this access point.
- This is no gate at this access point.
- The ramp/slope is located immediately after the access point leading down to the grounds.
- The gradient of the ramp/slope is steep.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
Parks and Gardens
- The park or garden does have footpaths.
- The path(s) has a / have tarmac and concrete surface(s).
- The majority of the path(s) is / are wide enough for wheelchair users.
- There are slight and steep slopes on the paths.
- There are bench seats situated along the paths for people to rest.
Children's Play Area
- There is a children's play area located next to The Inside Café. This area is accessed through heavy, manual gates that open away from you with a width of 100cm.
- The play area ground is a mixture of soft ground tiles, grass/soil and wood chippings.
- There are a variety of children's play fixtures, including slides, climbing frames and swings.
- There are assorted seats available within the area.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is The Great Hall Car Park.
Public Car Parks
- There is a/are Blue Badge parking bay(s) available within the car park.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- The dimensions of the standard marked parking bays are 350cm x 400cm (11ft 6in x 13ft 1in).
- Standard marked parking bays are located on Mountfield Gardens.
- Although this is mainly residents parking, anyone can park there with a time limit of up to 1 hour.
- The Great Hall Car Park is within 200m of the main entrance but not the Mountfield Gardens entrance. For more information please click here.
Outside Access (The Inside)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the venue.
- There is stepped access at this entrance.
- There is not a bell/buzzer.
- There is not an intercom.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is/are double width but one door is locked.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 60cm.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The step(s) is/are located at the main entrance.
- There is/are 2 step(s).
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The height of the step(s) is/are not between 15cm and 18cm.
- The height of the step(s) is/are 11cm.
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- There is a ramped accessible entrance leading to the toilet only. This entrance was out of order at the time of the survey (October 2020).
Eating and Drinking (The Inside)
- The following information is for the café.
- The café is located to the far right as you enter from the Mountfield Gardens access point.
- The bar does serve food.
- Full table service is available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- The standard height for tables is 74cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are hand held only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
- Monday 11:00 - 16:00.
- Tuesday 11:00 - 16:00.
- Wednesday 11:00 - 16:00.
- Thursday 11:00 - 16:00.
- Friday 11:00 - 16:00.
- Saturday 11:00 - 16:00.
- Sunday 11:00 - 16:00.
Accessible Toilet (The Inside)
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 1m (3ft 3in) from the accessible entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located immediately after the accessible entrance.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a shared toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- The door may be difficult to open.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 160cm x 220cm (5ft 3in x 7ft 3in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 150cm (4ft 11in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is sensor.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted grab rails are available for the toilet.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- The shelf is higher than 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 47cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are moderate to good.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- A bowl of water can be provided for an assistance dog.
- The water for assistance dogs can be found at The Inside café.