- Related link Scotney Castle - House.
- Related link Scotney Castle - Shop and Tea Room.
Opening Times (Feburary to October)
- Monday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Saturday 10:00 - 17:00.
- Sunday 10:00 - 17:00.
Opening Times (November to December)
- Monday 10:00 - 15:00.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 15:00.
- Wednesday 10:00 - 15:00.
- Thursday 10:00 - 15:00.
- Friday 10:00 - 15:00.
- Saturday 10:00 - 15:00.
- Sunday 10:00 - 15:00.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the village.
- This venue is situated in Lamberhurst.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located at the front of the castle.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 6 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 440cm x 500cm (14ft 5in x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 87m (95yd 5in) from the visitor centre and shop entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 108m (118yd 4in) from the visitor centre and shop entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
Drop off Point
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is an overflow car park which has a grass surface.
Outside Access (Garden Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located leading into the gardens.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open (no doors).
- The door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in) wide.
- Leading from the Visitor's entrance and shop there is a gravel surface.
Level Change (Garden Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading down to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- There is not level access to the service.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The Old Castle in the gardens was under refurbishment at the time of surveying.
Level Change (Gardens)
- Throughout the gardens there are a series of easy, moderate and steep slopes.
- Members of staff can mark out on a map of the gardens the most accessible route to avoid the steep slopes.
- Most paths are surfaced but some of the paths along the spring walk and loose chippings.
Parks and Gardens
- The park or garden does have footpaths.
- The path(s) has a / have compact earth, concrete, gravel and muddy surface(s).
- The majority of the path(s) is / are wide enough for wheelchair users.
- There are steep and steep slopes on the paths.
- There are bench seats situated along the paths for people to rest.
- Accessible toilet facilities are available.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is located in the toilet block, to the left as you enter the venue from the car park.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 92cm (3ft).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 226cm x 300cm (7ft 5in x 9ft 10in).
- There is sufficient turning space in the cubicle for a wheelchair user.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 160cm (5ft 3in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
- The coat hook is within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The height of the towel dispenser is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is another similar accessible facility in the toilet block with the lateral transfer space on the right.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located in the toilet block.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Baby Change Facilities
- Baby change facilities are located within the venue.
- Baby change facilities are located in the adapted toilet.
- The height of the baby change table once extended is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the baby change facility.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.