Show Easy Read
Getting To The Hospital
- If you are driving to the MacMillan Cancer Centre please be aware it is located within the congestion zone and only limited on street Blue Badge parking is available.
- On street Blue Badge parking bays are located in front of the Macmillan Cancer Centre on Huntley Street.
- The following buses are used to access the Macmillan Cancer Centre: Tottenham Court Road - Northbound (Warren Street station) - no's 10, 73, 24, 29, 134. Gower Street - Southbound (University Street) - no's 10, 24, 29, 73, 134. Euston Road - no's 18, 27, 30, 88. Warren Street (bus stop W) – no's 18 and 205.
- The nearest National Rail station is Euston.
- Warren Street (Northern / Victoria Lines) and Euston Square (Circle / Hammersmith & City / Metropolitan Lines) are the closest tube stations to the Macmillan Cancer Centre. The tube stations are located at opposite ends of the hospital main building. Traffic light controlled pedestrian crossing points are located adjacent to each tube station. Euston Square station has lift access from the platform to the street.
- This link takes you to the Macmillan Cancer Centre page with information on travelling to the hospital. Travel information is subject to change. Please check the latest information before planning your journey.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
- Comments View
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is not a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at the hospital.
- There are volunteers available for help and assistance at the hospital.
- Volunteers do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Volunteers can be found in the main Atrium.
- BSL interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- Mobility aids are available to help patients move around and include; wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact the main reception.
Getting To (The Cafe)
- The Cafe is/are located on the ground floor.
- Access to the Cafe is via the main centre entrance.
- When entering the main centre entrance continue past the main reception. The Cafe is located in the rear left corner of the centre.
- There is step free access to the Cafe.
- The Cafe is approximately 18m from the main centre entrance.
- Wayfinding signage is provided.
- There is flooring in corridors which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
Outside Access (Main Centre Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on Huntley Street.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The main automatic door(s) is/are push pad activated.
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The width of the door opening is 102cm.
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The automatic door(s) is/are push pad activated.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 300cm.
- The single automatic doors are push pad operated.
- Between the two sets of push pad operated doors is an automatic revolving door with an opening width of 152cm.
- Monday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 17:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 15:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is vinyl/laminate.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the cafe.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is approximately 18m (19yd 2ft) from the main centre entrance.
- The standard height for tables is 73cm.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold drinks and snacks.
- The nearest accessible toilet is located on the ground floor corridor next to patient transport.
- The nearest standard toilets are located on the ground floor corridor next to patient transport.