Getting To The Hospital
- If you are driving to the MacMillan Cancer Centre please be aware it is located within the congestion zone and only limited on street Blue Badge parking is available.
- On street Blue Badge parking bays are located in front of the Macmillan Cancer Centre on Huntley Street.
- The following buses are used to access the Macmillan Cancer Centre: Tottenham Court Road - Northbound (Warren Street station) - no's 10, 73, 24, 29, 134. Gower Street - Southbound (University Street) - no's 10, 24, 29, 73, 134. Euston Road - no's 18, 27, 30, 88. Warren Street (bus stop W) – no's 18 and 205.
- The nearest National Rail station is Euston.
- Warren Street (Northern / Victoria Lines) and Euston Square (Circle / Hammersmith & City / Metropolitan Lines) are the closest tube stations to the Macmillan Cancer Centre. The tube stations are located at opposite ends of the hospital main building. Traffic light controlled pedestrian crossing points are located adjacent to each tube station. Euston Square station has lift access from the platform to the street.
- This link takes you to the Macmillan Cancer Centre page with information on travelling to the hospital. Travel information is subject to change. Please check the latest information before planning your journey.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
- Comments View
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is not a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at the hospital.
- There are volunteers available for help and assistance at the hospital.
- Volunteers do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Volunteers can be found in the main Atrium.
- BSL interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- Mobility aids are available to help patients move around and include; wheelchairs.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact the main reception.
Getting To (The Transport Lounge)
- The Transport Lounge is/are located on the ground floor.
- Access to the Transport Lounge is via the main centre entrance.
- When entering the main centre entrance continue past the main reception and the service is located ahead of you.
- There is step free access to the Transport Lounge.
- The Transport Lounge is approximately 20m from the main centre entrance.
- Wayfinding signage is provided.
- There is flooring in corridors which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
Outside Access (Main Centre Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on Huntley Street.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- There is a canopy or recess which provides weather protection at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The main automatic door(s) is/are push pad activated.
- The door(s) is/are single width.
- The width of the door opening is 102cm.
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The automatic door(s) is/are push pad activated.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 300cm.
- The single automatic doors are push pad operated.
- Between the two sets of push pad operated doors is an automatic revolving door with an opening width of 152cm.
- Monday 09:00 - 19:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 19:00.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 19:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 19:00.
- Friday 09:00 - 19:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The Transport Lounge reception is located to the right as you enter the area.
- The reception area/desk is approximately 30m (32yd 2ft) from the main centre entrance.
- The reception area/desk is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step free access to the reception area/desk.
- The lighting levels at the reception area/desk are medium.
- The height of the reception desk is low (76cm or lower).
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the desk.
- There is not a clear knee recess beneath the low section of the desk.
- The desk is staffed.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The type of flooring in walkways and corridors is stone.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Waiting Room / Area
- There is a waiting room / area.
- The waiting room / area is approximately 20m from the main centre entrance.
- There is level access into the waiting room / area.
- There is not a/are not door(s) into the waiting room / area.
- The type of flooring is vinyl/laminate.
- There is a space for a wheelchair user to wait within the seating area.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs with armrests are available.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- Announcements are in person.
- The waiting room / area does not have background music playing.
- There is a television.
- Subtitles are available.
- Vending machines are not available.
- A water dispenser is not available.
- There is not a play area or toys/books for a child to play with.
- There is space for an assistance dog to rest within the seating area.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- The nearest accessible toilet is located in the corridor next to the transport lounge.
- The nearest standard toilet is located in the corridor next to the transport lounge.