Show Easy Read
Getting To The Hospital
- Access to the University College Hospital (UCH) is via the A400, turning right onto Grafton Way. Continue along Grafton Way and rejoin the A400. Turn right onto Beaumont Place before reaching Warren Street tube station. University College Hospital (UCH) is not located within the congestion zone.
- No car parking (other than for Blue Badge holders) is available at University College Hospital (UCH). The designated Blue Badge parking bays are located at the rear of the hospital on Beaumont Place.
- The following buses are used to access the University College Hospital (UCH): Tottenham Court Road - Northbound (Warren Street station) - no's 10, 73, 24, 29, 134. Gower Street - Southbound (University Street) - no's 10, 24, 29, 73, 134. Euston Road - no's 18, 27, 30, 88. Warren Street (bus stop W) – no's 18 and 205.
- The nearest National Rail station is Euston.
- Warren Street (Northern / Victoria Lines) and Euston Square (Circle / Hammersmith & City / Metropolitan Lines) are the closest tube stations to University College Hospital (UCH). The tube stations are located at opposite ends of the hospital main building. Traffic light controlled pedestrian crossing points are located adjacent to each tube station. Euston Square station has lift access from the platform to the street.
- This link takes you to the University College Hospital (UCH) page with information on travelling to the hospital. Travel information is subject to change. Please check the latest information before planning your journey.
- To view the web page described above click here (opens in new tab).
- Comments View
Getting Help and Assistance
- There is a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at the hospital.
- The Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is located on the ground floor of the hospital in the Atrium.
- The telephone number for the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is 020 3447 3042.
- The email address for the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is [email protected]
- There are volunteers available for help and assistance at the hospital.
- Volunteers can be found on the ground floor of the hospital in the Atrium.
- Volunteers do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Hospital staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- BSL interpreters can be provided on request.
- Language interpreters can be provided on request.
- Mobility aids are available to help patients move around and include; wheelchairs and crutches.
- To obtain mobility aids please contact the main reception.
Hospital Parking (Blue Badge Parking Only)
- The hospital does have a dedicated car park.
- The car parking facilities are for Blue Badge holders only.
- The car park is located at the rear of the hospital.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The car park does not have a barrier control system.
- The car park surface is a shared surface.
- There is a/are clearly marked/signposted Blue Badge parking bay(s) available.
- The Blue Badge bay(s) is/are signposted but have no markings.
- There is/are 10 designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the hospital car park.
- The dimensions of the designated Blue Badge parking bay(s) surveyed are 360cm x 420cm (11ft 10in x 13ft 9in).
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is a designated drop-off point.
- The drop-off point is located on Beaumont Place.
- There is a dropped kerb from the drop-off point.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There are not parking charges for the hospital car park.
Access to the Hospital
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user unaided.
- The hospital entrance is clearly visible from the car park.
- The nearest designated Blue Badge parking bay is approximately 24m (26yd 9in) from the Blue Badge parking entrance.
- The dispensation notice is a Camden Council’s parking scheme for Blue Badge holders who are attending outpatients appointments at University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH). Areas in Camden, south of the Euston Road, are not covered by the national Blue Badge disabled parking scheme. If you want to park near, or in UCLH disabled parking bays, you will need to apply for a parking dispensation to use with your Blue Badge.
- Please note: Dispensations are only issued to outpatients with Blue Badges who are attending hospital appointments. They are not issued to carers, relatives, visitors or friends who are Blue Badge holders bringing a non-Blue Badge holder patient to an appointment.
- Blue Badge parking bays cannot be booked in advance.
- The UCLH email address for Blue Badge parking enquiries is [email protected]
Applying for Parking Dispensation
- As it is not necessary for UCH staff to see the Blue Badge at the time of issuing a dispensation notice, a notice can be issued in advance and posted or emailed to patients. This avoids the need for patients/carers to park illegally on the day while they come in to get their dispensation notice.
- The details that will be required when requesting in advance are - Blue Badge serial number, date of expiry and issuing authority/council. Also required will be vehicle registration number, date of appointment and time of appointment.
- Patients can call 0203 447 3013 to request a dispensation notice in advance.
- Calls will be answered whenever possible but a voicemail facility will also be in place for times when the phone cannot be answered, including out of hours. All patients should receive a call back within one working day of a message being left acknowledging the message.
- Both telephone and email applications will be coordinated by the UCH main reception team. Cancer Centre dispensations that the UCH main reception team are unable to deal with will be forwarded to the Cancer centre team at [email protected]
- Five working days should be allowed by patients/carers to receive their dispensation notice in the post, to allow time for the request to be processed and received in by second class post.
- An email request option is offered where the completed dispensation will be emailed so the patient/carer can print prior to arriving for their appointment, email requests are via [email protected]
- Contact details will be put on all outpatient letters.
- In addition, patients/carers should be encouraged, where they know the date and time of their next appointment, to get their dispensation notice prior to leaving the hospital.
- As long as the future appointment can be verified then there is no time limit on how far in advance a specific dated dispensation notice can be issued.
- On your first visit to UCH or the UCH Macmillan Cancer Centre you need to park your car and bring the following to the reception desk - your valid Blue Badge, your vehicle registration document or Motability documents, proof of hospital attendance, showing appointment time and date e.g. clinic appointment letter.
- Dispensation notices are issued at the main reception at the UCH site (07.00-20.00 Monday to Friday and 08.00-16.00 on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays).
- They can also be obtained from UCH Macmillan Cancer Centre Site – Main Ground Floor Reception (08.00-20.00 Monday to Friday only).
- Radiotherapy patients receive a dispensation notice directly from the Radiotherapy department.
- On the UCH site, security staff, at the security desk in the UCH Atrium and at the Elizabeth Garrett Anderson Hospital EGAH reception are able to issue dispensation notices out of hours.
- The maximum period staff are allowed to issue a dispensation notice is for 31 calendar days, any requests for dispensation notices for more than 31 calendar days should be sent to the Operations Manager, Property and Transport Services at [email protected]
Getting To (The Pharmacy)
- The pharmacy is/are located on the ground floor of the podium.
- To see the hospital map please click here (opens new tab).
- Access to the pharmacy is via the Blue Badge parking entrance.
- From the Blue Badge parking entrance cross the Atrium then turn left onto the corridor. Continue along the corridor and the pharmacy is located on the left.
- There is step free access to the pharmacy.
- The pharmacy is approximately 65m from the Blue Badge parking entrance.
- Wayfinding signage is provided.
- Dementia friendly signage is not provided.
- There is flooring in corridors which is shiny and could cause issues with glare or look slippery to some people.
Outside Access (Blue Badge Parking Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the rear of the hospital.
- The entrance area/door is clearly signed.
- There is step free access at this entrance.
- The entrance door(s) does not/do not contrast visually with its immediate surroundings.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The main automatic door(s) is/are push pad activated.
- The door(s) is/are double width.
- The width of the door opening is 170cm.
- Next to the automatic doors is a set of revolving doors.
- There is a touch sensor button at both the entry and exit points that will slow the revolving doors down.
- The width of the revolving door openings is 187cm.
- Monday 09:00 - 19:00.
- Tuesday 09:00 - 17:30.
- Wednesday 09:00 - 19:00.
- Thursday 09:00 - 17:30.
- Friday 09:00 - 17:30.
- Saturday 09:00 - 12:30.
- Sunday 10:30 - 12:30.
- The pharmacy counter is located on the ground floor of the podium.
- The counter is approximately 45m (49yd 8in) from the Blue Badge parking entrance.
- Clear signage for the counter is not visible from the entrance.
- There is step free access to the counter.
- The lighting levels at the counter are medium.
- The height of the counter is high (110cm+).
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the counter.
- There is a low section of the counter (76cm or below) available.
- There is sufficient space to write or sign documents on the low section of the counter.
- There is not a clear knee recess beneath the low section of the counter.
- The counter is staffed.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- The hearing assistance system is signed.
Waiting Room / Area
- There is a waiting room / area.
- There is level access into the waiting room / area.
- There is not a/are not door(s) into the waiting room / area.
- The type of flooring is vinyl/laminate.
- There is a space for a wheelchair user to wait within the seating area.
- All chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs with armrests are available.
- Announcements are audible and visual.
- The waiting room / area does not have background music playing.
- There is not a television.
- Vending machines are not available.
- A water dispenser is not available.
- There is not a play area or toys/books for a child to play with.
- There is space for an assistance dog to rest within the seating area.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- The nearest accessible toilet is located off the hospital ground floor Atrium next to the Patient Advice and Liaison Service.
- The nearest standard toilets are located to the left of the Refresh Restaurant entrance.