- The information in this section was taken in January 2021.
- Most University food outlets are now shut in line with government guidance.
- Opening times of areas are under constant review given the number of people on campus and government guidance.
- External queuing systems are located outside the Fresh Shop and Student Services.
- All buildings have entrances and exits via separate doors to assist with social distancing.
- Hand sanitising stations are at the entrance to all buildings and in each room used for study spaces.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- The number of people permitted in each room is signed on the door to that space.
- Clearly signed one way systems have been set up both internally and externally around the campus.
- There should be no more than one person in the lift at any time.
- Floor markings and wall signs have been installed to remind people to keep 2m apart.
- Protective screens have been installed across the university.
- Some urinals and cubicles in toilets have been closed to assist with social distancing.
- All showers are available, but the number of people permitted in them is indicated by a sign on the door.
- All staff, students and visitors are expected to wear face masks when inside buildings, unless they are in a single office.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Services / facilities within the building include Department of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, laboratories and teaching rooms.
- Monday 08:30 - 17:30.
- Tuesday 08:30 - 17:30.
- Wednesday 08:30 - 17:30.
- Thursday 08:30 - 17:30.
- Friday 08:30 - 17:30.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Bath.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Bath Spa.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is an East and a West car park for visitors and staff on the campus.
- Because of limited parking space, there are restrictions on students bringing cars onto campus. Accessible parking is, however, available for visitors, staff and students as marked. Students needing to park on site because of a disability are provided with permits.
- Please see the separate guides for each car park for details.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located leading from the 5 West Building link.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Customers cannot charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
Link Access from 5 West
- There is also a level link into this building on the second floor of 5 West.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are 2-4.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are additional offices on level 4.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located on the right as you enter from the main entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are 1-2-3-4.
- Wall mounted information boards are not provided at lift landings.
- The lift is approximately 13m (14yd 8in) from the main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 96cm x 130cm (3ft 2in x 4ft 3in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is tactile, pictorial and Braille signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 12m (13yd 4in) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located on the right as you enter.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 92cm (3ft).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 185cm (4ft 11in x 6ft 1in).
- There is a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 76cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary and open waste paper bin disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is an additional accessible toilet on level 3.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the right as you enter from the main entrance.
- The female toilet(s) is/are approximately 7m (7yd 1ft) from the lift on level 3.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are bright.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located on the right as you enter from the main entrance.
- The male toilet(s) is/are approximately 9m (9yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the male toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Staff do not receive deaf awareness training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.