- The information in this section was taken in January 2021.
- Most University food outlets are now shut in line with government guidance.
- Opening times of areas are under constant review given the number of people on campus and government guidance.
- External queuing systems are located outside the Fresh Shop and Student Services.
- All buildings have entrances and exits via separate doors to assist with social distancing.
- Hand sanitising stations are at the entrance to all buildings and in each room used for study spaces.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- The number of people permitted in each room is signed on the door to that space.
- Clearly signed one way systems have been set up both internally and externally around the campus.
- There should be no more than one person in the lift at any time.
- Floor markings and wall signs have been installed to remind people to keep 2m apart.
- Protective screens have been installed across the university.
- Some urinals and cubicles in toilets have been closed to assist with social distancing.
- All showers are available, but the number of people permitted in them is indicated by a sign on the door.
- All staff, students and visitors are expected to wear face masks when inside buildings, unless they are in a single office.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Central Stores supplies the University's building, electrical and plumbing spares.
- It also acts as a "Goods Inwards" point for the receipt of University parcels which are then distributed.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Bath.
- The nearest mainline station is Bath Spa.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks.
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is A Car Park.
- The car park is located opposite the building.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is an East and a West car park for visitors and staff on the campus.
- Because of limited parking space, there are restrictions on students bringing cars onto campus. Accessible parking is, however, available for visitors, staff and students as marked.
- Students needing to park on site because of a disability are provided with permits.
- Please see the separate guides for each car park for details.
Outside Access (Parcel Collection)
- This information is for the entrance located to the side of the building.
- There is step free access at this entrance, via lift.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (away from you).
- The door(s) is/are push pad activated.
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The width of the door opening is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a / are step(s) at this entrance.
- The step(s) is / are located to the right as you face the entrance.
- There is / are 5 step(s) to access the entrance.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the step(s).
- The step(s) is / are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are medium (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- There is a lift to access this entrance.
- The lift does bypass the step(s).
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located to the left of the entrance.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G and 1.
- The platform lift accesses a small level change.
- The lift is approximately 1m (3ft 3in) from the Main Entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The lift door is manual, light and opens outwards.
- The dimensions of the lift are 90cm x 160cm (2ft 11in x 5ft 3in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
Parcel Collection Point
- The parcel collection point counter is 100cm high and does not have a lowered section. The staff assist students with electronic identification of their parcel and will carry any awkward or heavy goods for anyone who would have difficulty.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Staff do not receive deaf awareness training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.