- The information in this section was taken in January 2021.
- Most University food outlets are now shut in line with government guidance.
- Opening times of areas are under constant review given the number of people on campus and government guidance.
- External queuing systems are located outside the Fresh Shop and Student Services.
- All buildings have entrances and exits via separate doors to assist with social distancing.
- Hand sanitising stations are at the entrance to all buildings and in each room used for study spaces.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- The number of people permitted in each room is signed on the door to that space.
- Clearly signed one way systems have been set up both internally and externally around the campus.
- There should be no more than one person in the lift at any time.
- Floor markings and wall signs have been installed to remind people to keep 2m apart.
- Protective screens have been installed across the university.
- Some urinals and cubicles in toilets have been closed to assist with social distancing.
- All showers are available, but the number of people permitted in them is indicated by a sign on the door.
- All staff, students and visitors are expected to wear face masks when inside buildings, unless they are in a single office.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Related link Quads.
- Related link Lime Tree Restaurant.
- The details within this guide relate to the route from the Quads halls of residence (Ebony, Damson and Chestnut blocks) to the university bus stop, via The Lime Tree Restaurant.
- The route is approximately 209m long.
Ebony Block Entrance to the Campus Road
- From the Ebony Block entrance, there is an easy slope down, followed by an easy slope up.
- After that, follow the path to the left, which has an easy slope down to the left.
- The paths have a brick block paving surface.
- After approximately 27m, the bricks change colour and the path has an easy slope down.
- Continue straight ahead for a further 10m.
- The path has a brick block paving surface, and slopes down to the left.
- After approximately 10 metres, the path passes the entrance to Damson Block.
Damson Block Entrance to the Campus Road
- The path from the entrance is 135cm wide, with a brick block paving surface.
- It has an easy slope down and then up.
- After approximately 4m, you meet up with the route from Ebony Block entrance.
- Turn left at this point.
Continue Along Campus Road
- The path follows the easy slope down, between Damson Block and the Blue Badge bays.
- It has a brick block paving surface.
- After approximately 15m there is a dropped kerb, with 50cm of tactile paving.
- The dropped kerb leads down to the East Car Park, but there is a marked path along side it.
- Follow the tarmac path along the side of the East Car Park.
- It is generally level, although uneven in places.
- This stretch of path also contains a zebra crossing to cross the Campus Road.
- After approximately 14m, the route from Chestnut Block joins this route.
Path from the Chestnut Block Entrance
- From the entrance, there is an easy slope down and then up.
- Turn right and follow the path between Chestnut Block and the Blue Badge bays, which has an easy slope down.
- The whole of this path has a brick block paving surface.
- After approximately 28m, the path joins up with the route from Ebony and Damson Blocks on the path beside the East Car Park.
- Turn right here.
Continue Along East Car Park Path
- The path has a tarmac surface and an easy slope leading down to the left.
- This stretch of path contains two zebra crossings, over roads leading to a parking area.
- Continue straight ahead along this path for approximately 42m.
- Follow the path to the left, over the zebra crossing, which crosses the road to further parking areas and the Lime Tree Restaurant deliveries area.
- The crossing has a tarmac surface and an easy slope down.
- It is 5m wide.
- Continue along the tarmac path beside the East Car Park.
- This stretch of path contains two zebra crossings, which cross roads leading to further parking areas and the Lime Tree Restaurant deliveries area.
- The path is level until after the two crossings, where it has an easy slope leading up to the end of the tarmac path.
- This stretch of the path is approximately 50m long.
Continue Straight On, Past The Lime Tree Resturant
- The path changes to a brick block paving surface.
- It starts with an easy slope down to the left, then an easy slope up, and then down.
- After approximately 13m, the surface of the path changes.
- The route from the Lime Tree Restaurant main entrance joins the route here.
Path from the Lime Tree Restaurant Main Entrance
- This path has a brick block paving surface, with an easy slope down.
- After approximately 12m the gradient increases slightly.
- Continue straight on for a further 9m to meet up with the main route.
Continue Straight Ahead to Convocation Avenue
- The path surface becomes block paving, and has an easy slope leading down approximately 10m to Convocation Avenue.
Cross Convocation Avenue
- The crossing has dropped kerbs without tactile paving on both sides.
- The road has a block paving surface with an easy slope down to the left.
Convocation Avenue Crossing to the University Bus Stop
- After the crossing, turn left and follow the block paving path around the office building for 11m to the shelter for buses 17 and 18.
- To access to bus stop toilets, after the crossing turn right.
University Bus Stop
- The university bus stop is located on the east side of the campus, between The Parade and the East Car Park
- The surface around the bus stop is block paving and is uneven in places.
- The bus stops have shelters and lowered seating is available.
- Accessible and standard unisex toilet facilities are available at the bus stop.
Accessible Toilet (University Bus Stop)
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is located within the bus stop.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 94cm (3ft 1in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 220cm (4ft 11in x 7ft 3in).
- There is a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 83cm (2ft 9in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is fully functional.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary disposal units.
- There is a/are coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on the right.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is not a mirror.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is good.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is good.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.