- The information in this section was taken in January 2021.
- Most University food outlets are now shut in line with government guidance.
- Opening times of areas are under constant review given the number of people on campus and government guidance.
- External queuing systems are located outside the Fresh Shop and Student Services.
- All buildings have entrances and exits via separate doors to assist with social distancing.
- Hand sanitising stations are at the entrance to all buildings and in each room used for study spaces.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- The number of people permitted in each room is signed on the door to that space.
- Clearly signed one way systems have been set up both internally and externally around the campus.
- There should be no more than one person in the lift at any time.
- Floor markings and wall signs have been installed to remind people to keep 2m apart.
- Protective screens have been installed across the university.
- Some urinals and cubicles in toilets have been closed to assist with social distancing.
- All showers are available, but the number of people permitted in them is indicated by a sign on the door.
- All staff, students and visitors are expected to wear face masks when inside buildings, unless they are in a single office.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Services / facilities within the building include self catered student accommodation.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Bath.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Bath Spa.
- There is an East and a West car park for visitors and staff on the campus.
- Because of limited parking space, there are restrictions on students bringing cars onto campus. Accessible parking is, however, available for visitors, staff and students as marked. Students needing to park on site because of a disability are provided with permits.
- Please see the separate guides for each car park for details.
- There are 6 Blue Badge bays to the rear, between this building and Woodland Court.
Outside Access (SE1 Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located by the stairs for Block E.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 94cm (3ft 1in).
- There are identical entrances to all other flats.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located opposite the stairs for Block D.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Wall mounted information boards are not provided at lift landings.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 89cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 140cm x 150cm (4ft 7in x 4ft 11in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- This lift gives access to Block D flats.
- Access to flats in other blocks from this lift is possible by going through other flats and fire doors.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- The stairs are located outside all of the blocks.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 3 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- The accessible facilities are located on the ground floor.
- The room number viewed was SE1.5.
- The width of the door to the room is 77cm (2ft 6in).
- The dimensions of the clear floor space are 230cm x 290cm (7ft 7in x 9ft 6in).
- The bed is 57cm (1ft 10in) high.
- The measurement between the bed base and floor is 29cm (11in).
- Light switches are within 120cm (4ft) from floor level.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the room.
- Other accessible facilities available in the bedroom are accessible window openers.
- The information relates to the ensuite.
- The dimensions of the bathroom are 170cm x 280cm (5ft 7in x 9ft 2in).
- The door opens outwards.
- The width of the door to the bathroom is 77cm (2ft 6in).
- The door weight is light.
- There is a functional emergency alarm in the bathroom.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 42cm (1ft 5in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm in height.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the wash basin is 70cm (2ft 4in).
- There is a mixer tap.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- The measurement of lateral transfer space is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- Wall mounted grab rails are not available.
- There are mirrors.
- The mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- Disposal facilities are available.
Bath and Shower
- There is not a bath.
Wheel In Shower
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The shower head height is adjustable.
- The type of shower controls used are lever.
- There is no shower seat .
- There are no handrails available.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible rooms
- The colour contrast between the external room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The colour contrast between the internal room door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between external ensuite / bathroom door and wall is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible bathroom
- The colour contrast between the internal bathroom door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the bathroom is good.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- Available auxiliary aids include flashing alarms and vibrating pillows.
- Flashing fire alarms are available on request.
- Vibrating fire alarms are available on request.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors can be accessed by lift.
- Students can bring in their own bed if required.
Location of Standard Toilet(s)
- There are shared standard toilets facilities on the third floor.
Standard Toilet Surveyed
- A shared standard toilet was surveyed.
- The toilet surveyed is located on level 3 of Block D, next to the lift.
- There is step free access to the standard toilet(s) surveyed from the entrance.
- The standard toilet surveyed is approximately 1m from the lift.
- There is not a/are not cubicle(s) suitable for ambulant disabled people in the standard toilet(s) surveyed.
- Lighting levels in the standard toilet surveyed are good.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.