- The information in this section was taken in January 2021.
- Most University food outlets are now shut in line with government guidance.
- Opening times of areas are under constant review given the number of people on campus and government guidance.
- External queuing systems are located outside the Fresh Shop and Student Services.
- All buildings have entrances and exits via separate doors to assist with social distancing.
- Hand sanitising stations are at the entrance to all buildings and in each room used for study spaces.
- There is a limited number of people allowed inside.
- The number of people permitted in each room is signed on the door to that space.
- Clearly signed one way systems have been set up both internally and externally around the campus.
- There should be no more than one person in the lift at any time.
- Floor markings and wall signs have been installed to remind people to keep 2m apart.
- Protective screens have been installed across the university.
- Some urinals and cubicles in toilets have been closed to assist with social distancing.
- All showers are available, but the number of people permitted in them is indicated by a sign on the door.
- All staff, students and visitors are expected to wear face masks when inside buildings, unless they are in a single office.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Bath.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Bath Spa.
- There is an East and a West car park for visitors and staff on the campus.
- Because of limited parking space, there are restrictions on students bringing cars onto campus. Accessible parking is, however, available for visitors, staff and students as marked. Students needing to park on site because of a disability are provided with permits.
- Please see the separate guides for each car park for details.
- There are designated parking bays available in the Polden Court car park.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The bell is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The bell is at a height of 125cm.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 83cm (2ft 9in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Corridors throughout the block are narrow, 88cm wide, with 78cm wide doors across the corridors.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are 1-2-3-4-5.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are additional standard rooms, bathrooms and kitchens.
- Ground floor rooms have level access.
- The rooms are located in the main corridor.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- Standard Rooms are on other floors.
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located on the ground floor.
- Unisex toilets are 25m (27yd) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.