COVID-19 Information (University of Brighton)
- Related link Hillbrow Building.
- Related link Hillbrow and Welkin Campus.
- Sprinters Restaurant is located on the ground floor of Hillbrow, to the right of the main entrance as you enter.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the Hillbrow Campus.
- The nearest mainline station is Eastbourne.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 6 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 500cm x 350cm (16ft 5in x 11ft 6in).
- The nearest designated bay is 8m (26ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 27m (30yd) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is block paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- The details here are for the designated parking bays at the front of the building.
- This also contains some bays for Sports Centre staff.
- The main staff car park is at the rear of the building.
- This contains no designated bays.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 155cm (5ft 1in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 121cm (3ft 12in).
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located to the right of the entrance as you face it.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The ramp overcomes the step and has handrails on both sides.
Outside Access (Restaurant Entrance)
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 154cm (5ft 1in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the restaurant.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Customers cannot charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the restaurant.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 5m (16ft 5in) from the restaurant entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 66cm (2ft 2in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 107cm (3ft 6in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Menus are hand held only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is main meals and snacks.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- There is pictorial, Braille and tactile signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 12m (13yd) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located on the corridor opposite the main entrance, next to John Fulton Hall dressing room.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is heavy.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 122cm x 165cm (4ft 0in x 5ft 5in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is not a lateral transfer space.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm available.
- It is out of reach (higher than 10cm (0ft 4in) from floor).
- Disposal facilities are not available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on the right.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors in the accessible toilet.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 45cm (1ft 6in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The sink is 75cm (2ft 6in) high.
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- Lighting levels are bright.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located outside Sprinters Restaurant.
- The female and male toilets are 18m (20yd) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- There are standard toilets located throughout the building.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- Plastic cups are available.
- Plastic cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available on request.
- The photograph shows the link through to the Sports Centre via a single, heavy door, 75cm wide which opens away from you.