COVID-19 Information (University of Brighton)
- Related link Hillbrow and Welkin Campus.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the Welkin Campus.
- The venue is situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Eastbourne.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 550cm x 600cm (18ft 1in x 19ft 8in).
- The nearest designated bay is 38m (42yd) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 45m (49yd) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 88cm (2ft 11in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of and immediately beyond the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- There is not level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are additional offices and standard toilets.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
- The nearest adapted toilet is located within Trevin Towers.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located at the rear of the building.
- Unisex toilets are 15m (16yd) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is not level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.