COVID-19 Information (University of Brighton)
- Related link Darley Road Campus.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the Darley Road Campus.
- The venue is situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Eastbourne.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is located in front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 340cm x 480cm (11ft 2in x 15ft 9in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 6m (6yd 1ft) from the Queenwood Computer Pool Entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 9m (9yd 2ft) from the Queenwood Computer Pool Entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is/are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Computer Pool Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 105cm (3ft 5in) wide.
Entrance (Internal Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located within the Queenswood Building, just beyond the computer pool entrance.
- There is step free access at this entrance, via lift.
- A key card is required for access at this entrance.
- The height of the card reader/lock is 115cm (3ft 9in).
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) may be difficult to open.
- The width of the door opening is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- There is a/are step(s) at this entrance.
- The step(s) is / are located immediately beyond the entrance.
- There is / are 5 step(s) to access the entrance.
- The step(s) is / are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on the left going up the step(s).
- There is a lift to access this entrance.
- The lift does bypass the step(s).
Lift (Internal Entrance)
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located immediately beyond the internal entrance.
- The lift is a stair lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G and LG.
- The lift is approximately 2m (2yd 7in) from the internal entrance.
- Staff do need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 80cm x 120cm (2ft 7in x 3ft 11in).
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does not have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is moderate to good.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are good.
- Motorised scooters are not allowed in public parts of the venue.
Access to Fitness Suite
- The fitness suite is located within Ward Hall.
- The fitness suite is 3m (3yd 10in) from the Internal Entrance.
- There is step free access to the fitness suite.
- Level access is by lift.
- There are not doors into the fitness suite.
Fitness Suite (General)
- Staff receive no training in assisting disabled people.
- A portable hearing assistance system is not available for induction.
- There is not clear manoeuvring space between equipment.
- There is level access to all of the equipment.
- There are powered height adjustable desks available within the gym (photograph 4).
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
- The nearest adapted toilet is located within Queenswood library.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- The nearest standard toilets are located within the Queenswood library.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.