COVID-19 Information (University of Brighton)
- Related link Grand Parade Main Building.
- Related link Grand Parade Campus.
- The Grand Parade Restaurant is located to the rear of the Grand Parade Main Building.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Brighton.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Brighton.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The car park is located outside Circus Street Annexe.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are available.
- The dimensions of the marked Blue Badge bays are 200cm x 650cm (6ft 7in x 21ft 4in).
- On street Blue Badge parking is located to the side of the venue.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- The dimensions of the standard marked parking bays are 200cm x 650cm (6ft 7in x 21ft 4in).
- Standard marked parking bays are located to the side of the venue.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope does bypass the step(s).
- The ramp/slope is located to the left of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is moderate.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 4 step(s) to the area/service.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on both sides.
Outside Access (Restaurant Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of the restaurant.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are double width.
- The doors are permanently held open.
- The door opening is 180cm (5ft 11in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the restaurant.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the service counter.
- No chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 4m (13ft 1in) from the restaurant entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 72cm (2ft 4in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Menus are hand held only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is main meals.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
- The nearest toilets are located outside the theatre.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.