- The Dome Balcony Cafe is located on the Dome Balcony on the first floor of the Dome. The Balcony Cafe serves hot and cold meals and snacks.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Buxton.
- The venue is situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Buxton.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
Level Change (Main Entrance)
Other Floors (Balcony)
Other Floors (Balcony & Service Block)
Lift (Service Block)
Entrance (Balcony Cafe)
- This information is for the entrance located on the Dome Balcony.
- There is step free access at this entrance, via lift.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 125cm (4ft 1in).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the cafe.
- Full table service is not available.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- No tables are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 5m (5yd 1ft) from the Balcony Cafe Entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 43cm (1ft 5in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 73cm (2ft 5in).
- The standard height for tables is 67cm.
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic / takeaway cups are available.
- Plastic / takeaway cutlery is available.
- Drinking straws are available.
- Menus are wall only.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is hot and cold meals and snacks.
Accessible Toilet (Service Block)
Standard Toilet(s) (Service Block)
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.