COVID-19 Information (University of Essex)
- The Careers Centre offers advice, support and resources to students for all their work-related queries.
- The Careers Centre is located on Square 2.
- Monday 10:00 - 16:00.
- Tuesday 10:00 - 16:00.
- Wednesday 13:00 - 16:00.
- Thursday 10:00 - 16:00.
- Friday 10:00 - 16:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in Colchester.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- The nearest mainline station is Hythe.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- Although not as close as Hythe, most visitors choose to arrive at Colchester North station where bus and taxi connections are more readily available.
- There are several car parks located across the campus.
- For further information, please see theUniversity website parking page.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The width of the door opening is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- The threshold is shown in photopragh 2.
- The desk/counter is 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- There is level access to the desk/counter from the entrance.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- The desk/counter does not have a low (76cm or lower) section.
- The desk/counter is staffed.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a portable loop.
- The hearing system is available only on request.
- Staff are not trained to use the system.
- There is a touch screen.
- The touch screen is at a suitable height for a wheelchair user.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- There are two interview rooms.
- These are accessed by single doors 76cm in width.
- There are height adjustable desks at the PC's in the reception area.
- The nearest accessible toilets are located in the Department of Computing and Electronic Systems Main Building.
- The nearest standard male and female toilets are located in the Department of Computing and Electronic Systems.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- Staff may receive disability awareness training.