Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include Prayer Room, washing facilities and a quiet space.
- The Multi-Faith Chaplaincy centre is located on level 3 of Square 2NE.
- Religious representatives include; Unitarian, Hinduism, Sikhism, Anglican, Baptist Union, Buddhist, Catholic, Chinese Christian Fellowship, Congregational, Orthodox, Islamic Society, Jewish Community, Methodist, Quakers, Unitarian and United Reform.
- The centre is open 24 hrs a day all year.
- University students and staff can ask for access to the Chaplaincy at any time via the security office on providing their student or staff ID as security.
- Staff operating times vary.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in Colchester.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- The nearest mainline station is Hythe.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- Although not as close as Hythe, most visitors choose to arrive at Colchester North station where bus and taxi connections are more readily available.
- There are several car parks located throughout the campus.
- For further information, please see theUniversity website parking page.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located in the north east corner of Square 3.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 107cm (3ft 6in).
- This entrance gives access to level 4.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located along the corridor from the 3NE entrance.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are 2-3-4-5B-5-5A-6.
- Wall mounted information boards are provided at lift landings.
- The lift is approximately 19m (20yd 2ft) from the 3NE Entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 89cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 200cm x 95cm (6ft 7in x 3ft 1in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does not have a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
Outside Access (Multi-Faith Chaplaincy Centre Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on level 3, on the far side of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 142cm (4ft 8in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
Level Change (Multi-Faith Chaplaincy Centre Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in the corridor leading from the lift.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- Easy ramps are located at either end of the corridor containing the MFCC entrance.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- There are 2 worship areas which are open to all who wish to pray, meditate or have some time for quiet reflection.
- These areas can be booked in advance.
- There are male and female washrooms available outside the prayer room, to the right as you enter the MFC.
- They are located 6m from the MFC entrance.
- There is level access to the washrooms.
- There is not an/are not accessible toilet(s) within this venue designated for public use.
- The nearest adapted toilet is located in the Computing Services building.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilet facilities that were surveyed are located at the far end of the female washroom.
- The female toilet(s) is/are approximately 7m (7yd 1ft) from the MFC entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female toilet(s).
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is generally on duty.
- Staff may receive disability awareness training.
- The photograph shows the Muslim abolution room.