COVID-19 Information (University of Essex)
- The Store is the Students' Union Campus Shop. .
- It is located on Square 4 and sells a variety of fresh groceries, ready meals, sandwiches, newspapers, and magazines.
Opening Times (Term Time)
- Monday 08:00 - 00:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 00:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 00:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 00:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 00:00.
- Saturday 08:00 - 00:00.
- Sunday 09:00 - 18:00.
- The Night Hatch is open 00:00 - 08:00 Monday - Friday.
Opening Times (Summer)
- Monday 08:00 - 18:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 18:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 18:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 18:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 18:00.
- Saturday 09:00 - 15:00.
- Sunday 10:00 - 15:00.
- The Night Hatch is open 18:00 - 00:00 Monday - Friday.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in Colchester.
- The venue is in a pedestrian area.
- The nearest mainline station is Hythe.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- Although not as close as Hythe, most visitors choose to arrive at Colchester North station where bus and taxi connections are more readily available.
- For further information, please see theUniversity website parking page.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 165cm (5ft 5in).
- There is a moderate slope just beyond the entrance (photograph 2).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- This venue does play background music.
- Music is played throughout the store.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Photograph 4 shows the night hatch, located outside the store to the right of the main entrance as you face it.
- This can be used when the shop is closed on Monday - Friday nights.
- The nearest adapted toilets are located 20 metres away on Square 4, outside the entrance to Information Systems Services.
- The nearest standard male and female toilet is located in 4NW Building, on the right as you enter the building.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.
- Staff may receive disability awareness training.