Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include adapted and standard, self catered student accommodation.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the Hull campus.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Hull.
- Within the University of Hull - Hull Campus there are 4 main car parks.
- These are Salmon Grove, Wilberforce, Hertford and Perimeter Road.
- All of the car parks require a permit, except for Wilberforce which is pay and display.
- The nearest Blue Badge parking is located in the Salmon Grove car park.
- There are 2 bays which are 550cm x 380cm.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are light.
- The door opening is 82cm (2ft 8in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- There is level access to the service.
- Lighting levels are varied.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 1 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- The accessible facilities are located on the ground floor.
- There is level access from an accessible entrance.
- The width of the door to the room is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- The dimensions of the clear floor space are 200cm x 260cm (6ft 7in x 8ft 6in).
- The bed is 50cm (1ft 8in) high.
- The measurement between the bed base and floor is 33cm (1ft 1in).
- Light switches are not within 120cm (3ft 11in) from floor level.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm in the room.
- No emergency alarm is fitted in the room.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in accessible accommodation.
- The information relates to the shared bathroom.
- The dimensions of the bathroom are 180cm x 280cm (5ft 11in x 9ft 2in).
- The door opens outwards.
- The width of the door to the bathroom is 78cm (2ft 7in).
- The door is light.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm in the bathroom.
- It is out of reach (higher than 10cm (0ft 4in) from floor).
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm in height.
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The height of the sink is 72cm (2ft 4in).
- There is a mixer tap.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- The measurement of lateral transfer space is 108cm (3ft 7in).
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- Wall mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet pan the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There are mirrors.
- The mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- Disposal facilities are available.
Wheel In Shower
- There is a wheel in shower.
- The shower head height is adjustable.
- The type of shower controls used are lever.
- The shower seat is flip down.
- The shower seat height is 42cm (1ft 5in).
- There are handrails available.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible rooms
- The colour contrast between the external room door and wall is fair.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor is fair.
- The colour contrast between the internal room door and wall is fair.
- The colour contrast between external ensuite / bathroom door and wall is good.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Colour contrast and lighting in accessible bathroom
- The colour contrast between the internal bathroom door and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the walls and floor in the bathroom is good.
- The colour contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The colour contrast between the grab rails and wall is fair.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- Flashing alarms and Vibrating pillows is available.
- Flashing fire alarms are available on request.
- Vibrating fire alarms are available on request.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.