- The information in this section was taken in December 2020.
- Opening times may be subject to change due to restrictions, please see local communications for more details.
- Access routes have been risk assessed and reviewed in all buildings.
- In high footfall areas e.g. Library, Food retail, Sports Centre, Student Hub etc staff have been positioned to manage entry and provide relevant COVID guidance.
- Hand sanitisers are located at all building entrances, toilets, breakout areas and food retail areas. Extra provision has been made in specific specialist areas.
- There has been a reduction in the number of users buildings can accommodate at any one time.
- COVID-19 signage has been installed throughout.
- All main reception desks & service counters now have a protective screen.
- Toilets are available.
- All accessible toilets and Changing Places are still available.
- Some urinals and cubicles in standard toilets have closed to assist with social distancing.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- To see a video of the COVID-19 measures that are in place please click here.
- Services / facilities within the building include Acoustic Research work.
- Within the University of Hull - Hull Campus there are 4 main car parks. These are Salmon Grove, Wilberforce, Hertford and Perimeter Road. All of the car parks require a permit, except for Wilberforce, which is pay and display. The nearest Blue Badge parking is at the side of the building. There is one bay. The bay is 5m x 4m. The nearest main car park is Hertford.
- For further details on parking on campus please see the University website parking page.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 180cm (5ft 11in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located to the left of the entrance as you face the building.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in front of the entrance.
- There is/are 1 step(s) to the area/service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Customers can charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
- There are accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- This accessible toilet is approximately 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- This accessible toilet is located at the rear of the building.
- There is level access to this accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a twist lock.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 145cm x 205cm (4ft 9in x 6ft 9in).
- There is not a clear 150cm x 150cm manoeuvring space in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 75cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush, however it is not on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency pull cord alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency pull cord alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a/are female sanitary and open waste paper bin disposal units.
- There is not a/are not coat hook(s).
Position of Fixtures
- Wall-mounted grab rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall-mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There is a mirror.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- There is a wash basin.
- The wash basin can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The wash basin is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the wall-mounted grab rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the dropdown rail(s) and wall is poor.
- The toilet seat colour contrast is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are not available.
- The accessible toilet is also used as the standard toilets.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.