- Services / facilities within the building include recording studios.
- Related link Engineering Workshop.
- Related link The Old Fire Station.
- The Drilling Shed is part of the Faculty of Music and Fine Art.
- It contains recording studios which are used by the music department.
- Opening times do vary depending on timetabling.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Gillingham.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Chatham.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
- There is a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- The name of the car park is Chatham Historic Dockyard Visitor Car Park.
- The car park is located off Main Gate Road.
- There is no parking for students/ visitors within the Historic Dockyard site, but it is possible to drive in to drop off at the building.
- The visitor car park is free for all users.
- It has an unmade surface.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building on Tinker's Alley.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 108cm (3ft 7in).
- A staff / student security fob is required to access this building.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located to the left of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 145cm (4ft 9in).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The nearest accessible toilet is in the Engineering Workshop, 40m away.
- Please see the guide to that building for details.
- The nearest toilets are located in the adjacent Old Fire Station or the Engineering Workshop buildings.
- Please see the guides to those buildings for further details.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.