- Keynes Extension R Block contains 1 accessible flat in R1.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Canterbury.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Canterbury West.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
Parking (Rothford Car Park)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located in front of flat T6, off Giles Lane.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 4 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 580cm (11ft 10in x 19ft).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 5m (5yd 1ft) from the T6 entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 10m (10yd 2ft) from the T6 entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The car park is located adjacent to T Block.
- A Blue Badge or university accessible parking permit is required for the accessible bays.
- A university pink permit is required for standard bays.
- For more details of parking, please see the University website parking pages.
Outside Access (R Block Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 103cm (3ft 5in).
- This entrance leads to Flats 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 10, 13 & 14.
- There is another entrance to gain access to Flats 3, 4, 7, 8, 11, 12, 15 & 16.
- There are identical entrances into P and Q Blocks (photographs 2-4).
Level Change (R Block Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There are long slopes on the paths leading to the blocks and to the car park and Giles Lane.
- There is level access to the service.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
Other Floors (R Block)
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2-3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There are identical stairs in P and Q Blocks.
- There are no lifts in any block.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.