- Keynes Extension S Block contains 2 accessible flats in S3 and S4.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Canterbury.
- The nearest mainline station is Canterbury West.
Parking (Rothford Car Park)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located in front of flat T6, off Giles Lane.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 4 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 580cm (11ft 10in x 19ft).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 5m (5yd 1ft) from the T6 entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 10m (10yd 2ft) from the T6 entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are dropped kerbs.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The car park is located adjacent to T Block.
- A Blue Badge or university accessible parking permit is required for the accessible bays.
- A university pink permit is required for standard bays.
- For more details of parking, please see the University website parking pages.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building, facing the courtyard.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The width of the door opening is 103cm (3ft 5in).
- This entrance leads to Flats 3, 4, 7, 8, 11, 12, 15 & 16.
- The powered door is operated by swipe card.
- There is another, manual entrance to gain access to Flats 1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 10, 13 & 14 (photograph 3).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located leading up to the building from the path from Giles Lane.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 2 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
- The accessible facilities are located on the ground floor.
- There is level access from an accessible entrance.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in accessible accommodation.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2-3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are additional standard accommodation.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.