- Services / facilities within the building include Department of Psychology postgraduate offices.
- There are no set opening times for the building.
- Post graduates are issued with a key.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Canterbury.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Canterbury West.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
Parking (Rothford Car Park)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is not free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located at the rear of the venue, accessed from the driveway to the right of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 4 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 360cm x 480cm (11ft 10in x 15ft 9in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 100m (109yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 105m (114yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are uneven surfaces.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The 3rd photograph shows the route to the entrance from the car park along Giles Lane.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located off Giles Lane, to the left side of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The bell is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The intercom is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 68cm (2ft 3in).
- There is a similar entrance at the rear of the building.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located in the doorway.
- There is/are 1 step(s) to the area/service.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are shallow (2cm - 10cm).
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The entrance at the rear of the building has a medium step at the doorway.
- The path leading to the rear entrance is very uneven.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15 steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the left going up.
- There is not a landing.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are additional postgraduate offices.
- There are not accessible toilet facilities within this venue.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located immediately beyond the entrance, to the left.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.