- The information in this section was taken in November 2020.
- There have been no changes to the parking available.
- Some sites have implemented new one way systems.
- Additional hand sanitising stations have been installed at the majority of block entrances, main entrances and exit routes in every residence.
- The introduction of hand sanitising stations may have reduced the maneuvering space in lobby areas.
- Restrictions are in place for the number of students able to use common rooms and gyms etc.. These numbers are highlighted using posters and gyms are on a booking system only.
- Markings have been added to floors to assist with social distancing and signs have been installed on walls and doors to remind people to keep 2 metres apart.
- Bollard comms and some lift doors have also been branded with Covid-19 information.
- Protective screens have been installed at the main reception desk at every one of the owned and managed UOL residences.
- There have been no changes to the toilet facilities.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The Coach House Bar is for residents of the Oxley Halls and their guests only.
- To view the campus map or for information on how to get to the campus please click here.
- Monday 19:00 - 23:00.
- Tuesday Closed.
- Wednesday Closed.
- Thursday 19:00 - 23:00.
- Friday Closed.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Leeds.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Headingley.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is at the back of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There are also car parks throughout the Oxley Residences site for residents.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 120cm (3ft 11in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located to the right of the entrance as you face it.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 1 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- The ramp overcomes the steps.
- There is level access to the service.
- This venue does play background music.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Eating and Drinking
- The following information is for the bar.
- The bar does not serve food.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- No chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 3m (9ft 10in) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 110cm (3ft 7in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Drinks can be brought to the table.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are the pool room.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- The accessible toilet is 8m (26ft 3in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located in the toilet area, to the left as you enter.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 188cm x 182cm (6ft 2in x 5ft 12in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 76cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm available.
- No emergency alarm fitted in the cubicle.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on the left.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors in the accessible toilet.
- Mirrors are not placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 46cm (1ft 6in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The towel dispenser is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located in the toilet area, to the left as you enter.
- The female and male toilets are 10m (32ft 10in) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.
- Plastic cups are available.
- Drinking straws are available on request.