- The information in this section was taken in November 2020.
- There have been no changes to the parking available.
- Some sites have implemented new one way systems.
- Additional hand sanitising stations have been installed at the majority of block entrances, main entrances and exit routes in every residence.
- The introduction of hand sanitising stations may have reduced the maneuvering space in lobby areas. There are freestanding and wall mounted hand sanitisers throughout the residences. The height of the freestanding hand sanitisers is 99cm. The height of the wall mounted hand sanitisers is 101cm.
- Restrictions are in place for the number of students able to use common rooms and gyms etc.. These numbers are highlighted using posters and gyms are on a booking system only.
- Markings have been added to floors to assist with social distancing and signs have been installed on walls and doors to remind people to keep 2 metres apart.
- Bollard comms and some lift doors have also been branded with Covid-19 information.
- Protective screens have been installed at the main reception desk at every one of the owned and managed UOL residences.
- There have been no changes to the toilet facilities.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Leeds.
- The nearest mainline station is Leeds.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 2 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 400cm x 540cm (13ft 1in x 17ft 9in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 25m (27yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 28m (30yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Parking needs to be pre-booked and may be chargeable.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the rear of the building.
- There is level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are single width.
- The door opening is 82cm (2ft 8in) wide.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located towards the rear of the building.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are G-1.
- The lift is 11m (12yd) from main entrance.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 94cm x 110cm (3ft 1in x 3ft 7in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The lift controls do not have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 6m (19ft 8in) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located on the right as you enter.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a sliding bolt.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 150cm x 245cm (4ft 11in x 8ft 0in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 60cm (1ft 12in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is not a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is a functional emergency alarm available.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is not a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are not mirrors in the accessible toilet.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 49cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is not placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is fair.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- Lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.
- A member of staff with British Sign Language or an interpreter can be provided on request.