- The information in this section was taken in November 2020.
- There have been no changes to the parking available.
- Some sites have implemented new one way systems.
- Additional hand sanitising stations have been installed at the majority of block entrances, main entrances and exit routes in every residence.
- The introduction of hand sanitising stations may have reduced the maneuvering space in lobby areas. There are freestanding and wall mounted hand sanitisers throughout the residences. The height of the freestanding hand sanitisers is 99cm. The height of the wall mounted hand sanitisers is 101cm.
- Restrictions are in place for the number of students able to use common rooms and gyms etc.. These numbers are highlighted using posters and gyms are on a booking system only.
- Markings have been added to floors to assist with social distancing and signs have been installed on walls and doors to remind people to keep 2 metres apart.
- Bollard comms and some lift doors have also been branded with Covid-19 information.
- Protective screens have been installed at the main reception desk at every one of the owned and managed UOL residences.
- There have been no changes to the toilet facilities.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- The venue is situated within the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Leeds.
- The nearest mainline station is Leeds.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 2 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 400cm x 640cm (13ft 1in x 20ft 12in).
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 18m (19yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 28m (30yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Parking needs to be pre-booked and may be chargeable.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located underneath the arch of the building, on the right as you enter from the park.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) away from you (push).
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 98cm (3ft 3in).
- The door has a keypad lock.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located to the left of the entrance.as you face it?.
- The ramp/slope is slight.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- The width of the ramp/slope is 105cm (3ft 5in).
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G, 1 and 2.
- The stairs are located directly to the left of the main entrance as you enter.
- The stairs are approximately 1m from the main entrance.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are low.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- There is not a landing.
- The area(s)/service(s) on the floors which are not accessible is/are the Brothers Prayer Rooms.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located along the corridor to the side of the Sisters Prayer Rooms.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 11m (12yd 1in) from the main entrance.
- Lighting levels are bright.
- These toilets contain ambulant cubicles. The male cubicle has a vertical grab rail to the left as you face the toilet, and a horizontal grab rail to the right. The female cubicle has a drop down rail to the left and horizontal grab rail to the right.
- These toilets also contain washing facilities.
Level Change (Female Toilet)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located just inside the entrance to the female toilets.
- There is/are 1 step(s) to the area/service.
- The lighting levels at the step(s) are medium.
- The step(s) is/are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is not a/are not handrail(s) at the step(s).
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.
- A member of staff with British Sign Language or an interpreter can be provided on request.