- The information in this section was taken in November 2020.
- There have been no changes to the parking available.
- Some sites have implemented new one way systems.
- Additional hand sanitising stations have been installed at the majority of block entrances, main entrances and exit routes in every residence.
- The introduction of hand sanitising stations may have reduced the maneuvering space in lobby areas. There are freestanding and wall mounted hand sanitisers throughout the residences. The height of the freestanding hand sanitisers is 99cm. The height of the wall mounted hand sanitisers is 101cm.
- Restrictions are in place for the number of students able to use common rooms and gyms etc.. These numbers are highlighted using posters and gyms are on a booking system only.
- Markings have been added to floors to assist with social distancing and signs have been installed on walls and doors to remind people to keep 2 metres apart.
- Bollard comms and some lift doors have also been branded with Covid-19 information.
- Protective screens have been installed at the main reception desk at every one of the owned and managed UOL residences.
- There have been no changes to the toilet facilities.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Services / facilities within the building include catered and self catered student accommodation in 5 blocks.
- Related link Devonshire Halls Old Hall (Main Building).
- Related link Devonshire Hall Old Hall (Conference Facilities and Public Areas).
- The main reception for Grosvenor Court is located in the Devonshire Hall Old Hall (Main Building).
- Catered residents take their meals in the dining room in the Main Hall.
- Please see the separate guide for Devonshire Hall Old Hall (Conference Facilities and Public Areas) for more details.
- The Main Hall also contains a bar open to all Devonshire Hall residents and their guests.
- To view the campus map or for information on how to get to the campus please click here.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Leeds.
- The venue is situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Burley Park.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is at the back of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Block E Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located under the archway.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 93cm (3ft 1in) wide.
- There is similar access to Blocks A and C.
- Blocks B and D have double doors.
Level Change (Block E Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is level access to the service.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2-3.
- There are 15 steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are additional standard rooms.
- The establishment provides 0 adapted accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate adapted bathroom.
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- Flashing fire alarms are in the rooms.
- Vibrating fire alarms are in the rooms.
- The accommodation does not provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- The photograph shows one of the shared kitchens.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.