Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include catered student accommodation.
- Related link Devonshire Hall Old Hall (Main Building).
- Devonshire Hall Old Hall (Main Building) Accommodation http://www.disabledgo.com/en/access-guide/dev.
- Related link Devonshire Hall Old Hall (Conference Facilities and Public Areas).
- Related link Devonshire Hall Grosvenor Court.
- Ridgefield, located next to Ruse House, also offers catered student accommodation, and has similar access.
- The main reception for Ruse House and Ridgefield is located in the Devonshire Hall Old Hall (Main Building).
- Catered residents take their meals in the dining room in the Main Hall.
- Please see the separate guide for Devonshire Hall Old Hall (Conference Facilities and Public Areas) for more details.
- The Main Hall also contains a bar open to all Devonshire Hall residents and their guests.
- To view the campus map or for information on how to get to the campus please click here.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Leeds.
- The venue is situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Burley Park.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
Public Car Parks
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Parking is available outside the Devonshire Hall Old Hall (Main Building) and outside Devonshire Hall Grosvenor Court, both located further up Cumberland Road.
- Residents are also able to park on Cumberland Road.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The bell is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 80cm (2ft 7in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 2 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- There is level access to the service.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- The establishment provides 0 adapted accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate adapted bathroom.
- Most ground floor rooms do have level access.
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- None of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- The accommodation does not provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- There is a landing.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are additional standard rooms.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.