- The information in this section was taken in November 2020.
- There have been no changes to the parking available.
- Some sites have implemented new one way systems.
- Additional hand sanitising stations have been installed at the majority of block entrances, main entrances and exit routes in every residence.
- The introduction of hand sanitising stations may have reduced the maneuvering space in lobby areas. There are freestanding and wall mounted hand sanitisers throughout the residences. The height of the freestanding hand sanitisers is 99cm. The height of the wall mounted hand sanitisers is 101cm.
- Restrictions are in place for the number of students able to use common rooms and gyms etc.. These numbers are highlighted using posters and gyms are on a booking system only.
- Markings have been added to floors to assist with social distancing and signs have been installed on walls and doors to remind people to keep 2 metres apart.
- Bollard comms and some lift doors have also been branded with Covid-19 information.
- Protective screens have been installed at the main reception desk at every one of the owned and managed UOL residences.
- There have been no changes to the toilet facilities.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Services / facilities within the building include catered student accommodation.
- Related link Devonshire Hall Old Hall (Main Building).
- Devonshire Hall Old Hall (Main Building) Accommodation http://www.disabledgo.com/en/access-guide/dev.
- Related link Devonshire Hall Old Hall (Conference Facilities and Public Areas).
- Related link Devonshire Hall Grosvenor Court.
- Ridgefield, located next to Ruse House, also offers catered student accommodation, and has similar access.
- The main reception for Ruse House and Ridgefield is located in the Devonshire Hall Old Hall (Main Building).
- Catered residents take their meals in the dining room in the Main Hall.
- Please see the separate guide for Devonshire Hall Old Hall (Conference Facilities and Public Areas) for more details.
- The Main Hall also contains a bar open to all Devonshire Hall residents and their guests.
- To view the campus map or for information on how to get to the campus please click here.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Leeds.
- The venue is situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Burley Park.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
- There is not a car park for public use within 200m (approx).
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are not available.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Parking is available outside the Devonshire Hall Old Hall (Main Building) and outside Devonshire Hall Grosvenor Court, both located further up Cumberland Road.
- Residents are also able to park on Cumberland Road.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The bell is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 80cm (2ft 7in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 2 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- There is level access to the service.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- The establishment provides 0 adapted accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate adapted bathroom.
- Most ground floor rooms do have level access.
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- None of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- The accommodation does not provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- There is a landing.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are additional standard rooms.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.