- The information in this section was taken in November 2020.
- There have been no changes to the parking available.
- Some sites have implemented new one way systems.
- Additional hand sanitising stations have been installed at the majority of block entrances, main entrances and exit routes in every residence.
- The introduction of hand sanitising stations may have reduced the maneuvering space in lobby areas. There are freestanding and wall mounted hand sanitisers throughout the residences. The height of the freestanding hand sanitisers is 99cm. The height of the wall mounted hand sanitisers is 101cm.
- Restrictions are in place for the number of students able to use common rooms and gyms etc.. These numbers are highlighted using posters and gyms are on a booking system only.
- Markings have been added to floors to assist with social distancing and signs have been installed on walls and doors to remind people to keep 2 metres apart.
- Bollard comms and some lift doors have also been branded with Covid-19 information.
- Protective screens have been installed at the main reception desk at every one of the owned and managed UOL residences.
- There have been no changes to the toilet facilities.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- There are 5 identical blocks, as well as an additional block that has a lift.
- To view the campus map or for information on how to get to the campus please click here.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There are 1 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 400cm x 510cm (13ft 1in x 16ft 9in).
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The parking is located outside blocks E and F.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located beyond the entrance in B block.
- The lift is a standard lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are B-LG-G-1-2-3-4-5-6.
- The lift is 3m (9ft 10in) from block entrance.
- Staff do need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The only block with a lift is B block.
- There is a shallow step in front of the lift.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Leeds.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Leeds.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2-3-4-5.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are standard rooms.
- The establishment provides 0 adapted accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate adapted bathroom.
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.
- The reception desk is 4m (13ft 1in) from the block entrance.
- There is level access to reception from the entrance.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- The reception desk is medium height.
- The desk does not have a lowered section.
- Monday 08:00 - 10:00.
- Monday 16:00 - 18:00.
- Tuesday 08:00 - 10:00.
- Tuesday 16:00 - 18:00.
- Wednesday 08:00 - 10:00.
- Wednesday 16:00 - 18:00.
- Thursday 08:00 - 10:00.
- Thursday 16:00 - 18:00.
- Friday 08:00 - 10:00.
- Friday 16:00 - 18:00.
- Saturday Closed.
- Sunday Closed.
- There is level access to the service.
- Lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
Outside Access (Block Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 96cm (3ft 2in) wide.
- There is a slope to access this area/service.
- The slope is easy.
- The slope is permanent.
- All blocks including the reception area have identical entrances.