- The information in this section was taken in November 2020.
- There have been no changes to the parking available.
- Some sites have implemented new one way systems.
- Additional hand sanitising stations have been installed at the majority of block entrances, main entrances and exit routes in every residence.
- The introduction of hand sanitising stations may have reduced the maneuvering space in lobby areas. There are freestanding and wall mounted hand sanitisers throughout the residences. The height of the freestanding hand sanitisers is 99cm. The height of the wall mounted hand sanitisers is 101cm.
- Restrictions are in place for the number of students able to use common rooms and gyms etc.. These numbers are highlighted using posters and gyms are on a booking system only.
- Markings have been added to floors to assist with social distancing and signs have been installed on walls and doors to remind people to keep 2 metres apart.
- Bollard comms and some lift doors have also been branded with Covid-19 information.
- Protective screens have been installed at the main reception desk at every one of the owned and managed UOL residences.
- There have been no changes to the toilet facilities.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Services / facilities within the building include self catered student accommodation in 8 blocks.
- Related link Oxley Residence (Oxley House).
- Related link Oxley Residences Coach House Bar.
- The reception for Oxley Residences is located in Oxley House, which also contains the launderette and a fitness centre.
- Oxley Residence Coach House Bar on the site is open to all residents and their guests.
- To view the campus map or for information on how to get to the campus please click here.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Leeds.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Headingley.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is throughout the side.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 7 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 400cm x 500cm (13ft 1in x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest designated bay is 46m (50yd) from the Block A entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 48m (52yd) from the Block A entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The details here are for the 2 designated bays at the rear of C and D Blocks.
- There is an additonal bay located on the far side of D Block, plus 2 by Blocks E-H and 2 by Blocks K-M.
Outside Access (Block A)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the block.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 76cm (2ft 6in) wide.
- There are identical doors at the entrances to all other blocks.
Level Change (Block A)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- All other blocks are accessed by a moderate slope.
- Block E is accessed by 5 medium steps with handrails both sides as well as a slope (shown in photograph 2).
- Block M is access by 4 similar steps and a moderate ramp.
- There is level access to the service.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- The establishment provides 0 adapted accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate adapted bathroom.
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- Flashing fire alarms are available on request.
- Vibrating fire alarms are available on request.
- The accommodation does not provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Other Floors (Block A)
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2-3.
- There are 15 steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There are similar stairs in all other blocks. However, Blocks E-J only have floors G-2, and Blocks K-M have floors G-1.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.