Show Easy Read
- Services / facilities within the building include self catered student accommodation in 8 blocks.
- Related link Oxley Residence (Oxley House).
- Related link Oxley Residences Coach House Bar.
- The reception for Oxley Residences is located in Oxley House, which also contains the launderette and a fitness centre.
- Oxley Residence Coach House Bar on the site is open to all residents and their guests.
- To view the campus map or for information on how to get to the campus please click here.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Leeds.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Headingley.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is throughout the side.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 7 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 400cm x 500cm (13ft 1in x 16ft 5in).
- The nearest designated bay is 46m (50yd) from the Block A entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 48m (52yd) from the Block A entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The details here are for the 2 designated bays at the rear of C and D Blocks.
- There is an additonal bay located on the far side of D Block, plus 2 by Blocks E-H and 2 by Blocks K-M.
Outside Access (Block A)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the block.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 76cm (2ft 6in) wide.
- There are identical doors at the entrances to all other blocks.
Level Change (Block A)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- All other blocks are accessed by a moderate slope.
- Block E is accessed by 5 medium steps with handrails both sides as well as a slope (shown in photograph 2).
- Block M is access by 4 similar steps and a moderate ramp.
- There is level access to the service.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- The establishment provides 0 adapted accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate adapted bathroom.
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- There are standard rooms on other floors.
- The other floors cannot be accessed by lift.
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- Flashing fire alarms are available on request.
- Vibrating fire alarms are available on request.
- The accommodation does not provide other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Other Floors (Block A)
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2-3.
- There are 15 steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There are similar stairs in all other blocks. However, Blocks E-J only have floors G-2, and Blocks K-M have floors G-1.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.