COVID-19 Information (The University of Sheffield)
- Related link The Ridge (Ranmoor Student Village).
- The Ridge bar is located within the Ranmoor Student Village.
- Monday 12:00 - 00:00.
- Tuesday 12:00 - 00:00.
- Wednesday 12:00 - 00:00.
- Thursday 12:00 - 00:00.
- Friday 12:00 - 00:00.
- Saturday 12:00 - 00:00.
- Sunday 12:00 - 22:00.
- Food is served 12:00 - 21:00 daily.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in Sheffield.
- The nearest mainline station is Sheffield.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- There is not a tram stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is not free for all users.
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is at the side of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 5 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 360cm x 560cm (11ft 10in x 18ft 4in).
- The nearest designated bay is 32m (34yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 42m (45yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does have to cross a road.
- The road is generally quiet.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 136cm (4ft 6in) wide.
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 133cm (4ft 4in) wide.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope does bypass the steps.
- The ramp or slope is located to the side of the building.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 7 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a fixed loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- Hearing loops are fitted in the conference rooms on the first floor (shown in the photographs).
Eating and Drinking (The Ridge Bar)
- The following information is for the bar.
- The bar does serve food.
- Food or drinks are ordered from the service counter.
- Food or drinks can be brought to the table.
- There is not a lowered section at the counter.
- Some tables are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs are permanently fixed.
- Some chairs have armrests.
- The nearest table is 20m (21yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The distance between the floor and the lowest table is 63cm (2ft 1in).
- The distance between the floor and the highest table is 95cm (3ft 1in).
- There is ample room for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre.
- Plastic cups are available.
- Drinking straws are available on request.
- Menus are hand held and wall.
- Menus are not available in Braille.
- Menus are not available in large print.
- Picture menus are not available.
- Menus are clearly written.
- Menus are presented in contrasting colours.
- The type of food served here is main meals and snacks.
- Plastic spoons are available.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is pictorial signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 10m (10yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located opposite the reception desk, next to the entrance to the bar.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is required for the accessible toilet.
- The key is a radar key.
- The key can be obtained from the bar or the Customer Service Desk.
- The door opens outwards.
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 85cm (2ft 9in).
- The door weight is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 148cm x 224cm (4ft 10in x 7ft 4in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the left.
- The lateral transfer space is 76cm (2ft 6in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is a mixer tap.
- There is not a functional emergency alarm available.
- It is out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor).
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 48cm (1ft 7in).
- There is not a hand dryer.
- There is a towel dispenser.
- The towel dispenser cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The toilet roll holder is 103cm (3ft 5in) high.
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is not placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is good.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- There is also an accessible toilet on the first floor, which has the transfer space on the right.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located on the first floor, to the right as you exit the lift.
- The female and male toilets are 5m (5yd 1ft) from the lift.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
- This is by lift.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- The toilets contain cubicles with doors that open outwards.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.