COVID-19 Information (The University of Sheffield)
- Related link Bartolomé House.
- Related link Students' Union - University House.
- This route is from Bartolomé House to the Students' Union - University House.
- It is approximately 500 metres long.
Front of Bartolomé House
- From the entrances, continue straight ahead across the car park, which has a tarmac surface.
- Leave the car park using the pedestrian path beside the vehicle entrance down to Winter Street.
- This path is 118cm wide, has a tarmac surface with a slight slope down.
- It has a handrail on the right hand side all the way down, and on the left hand side for part of the way.
- The path has a yellow line demarcating it from the road.
- At the end of the path from the car park, the path becomes brick block paving. Turn left and cross the vehicle entrance into the car park, taking care of vehicles.
- The path then has a tarmac surface, with an area of tactile paving for this crossing, and has a slight slope down.
- The path is uneven in places.
- The path crosses an area of tactile paving as it passes a bus stop.
- It also passes the entrance to St. George's Community Health Centre and Dart Square. There are dropped kerbs with tactile paving either side of both.
- Past Dart Square, the slope levels out slightly between Dart Square and Weston Street.
- Cross Weston Street, which has dropped kerbs with tactile paving both sides.
- The road has a tarmac surface with a slight slope to the left as you cross.
- After Weston Street, continue on to the Bolsover Street crossing.
Bolsover Street Crossing
- Just past Weston Street there is a pelican crossing for Bolsover Street. It has buttons 97 and 103 cm high, and dropped kerbs with tactile paving both sides.
- The road has an uneven tarmac surface with a moderate slope up, and down to the left as you cross.
- After crossing Bolsover Street, turn right and take the tarmac path up the slight slope a short distance to the vehicle entrance to the Tower Court Car Park.
Tower Court Car Park
- Cross the vehicle access to the Tower Court Car Park.
- After crossing the vehicle access there is a pedestrian entrance to the car park on the left.
- The path is tarmac.
- Follow the path towards Western Bank Library.
- The path becomes block paved and has bench seating on the left.
- There are bollards on the path towards the library.
- The minimum width between the bollards is 113cm.
- After passing through the bollards bear left and right and continue to follow the path passing Western Bank Library on the right.
- There is a gutter just beyond the library.
Cross the Firth Court Service Road
- Past the library and Arts Tower, the car park reaches the service road for Firth Court. This has a zebra crossing and a tarmac surface.
- There is a small lip on the near side of the crossing, and level access on the far side of the crossing.
- The surface beyond the crossing is initially tarmac, becoming block paving shortly after.
In Front of Firth Court - Edwardian Block
- The path then becomes brick block paving, which is uneven in places.
- The path continues around the side of the Alfred Denny Building, past the main entrance. The path here has a slight slope up then down as it passes the main entrance and you turn slightly to the right to the area in front of the Alfred Denny Building.
- The style of block paving changes at this point, and becomes even.
Front of the Alfred Denny Building
- As you follow the path around the front of the Alfred Denny Building, the surface continues to be block paving.
- Then turn left to go through the underpass.
- This area has a brick block paving surface with an easy slope leading down to the left as you pass through the underpass. It is also uneven in places.
- There is a variety of concrete seating throughout the underpass.
- The underpass leads to the area in front of the Students' Union.
Front of the Students' Union Area
- The plaza area in front of the Students' Union - University House has a stone block paving surface with level access to the main entrance to the Students' Union.