- This route is from Sheaf Square at the front of the Railway Station to the Bus Stop F55 of the Interchange Bus Station.
Outside The Railway Station
- Exit the railway station onto Sheaf Square and turn right, heading towards Sheaf Street.
- The path here has a block paving surface and an easy slope to the left as you face the street.
Crossing Sheaf Street
- At the edge of the station building, where it meets Sheaf Street, there is a pelican crossing.
- The buttons for the crossing are 100 and 103cm high.
- There are dropped kerbs with tactile paving at both ends of the crossing.
- The road has a tarmac surface with a moderate slope down to the far end of the crossing.
Far Side of Sheaf Street
- After crossing Sheaf Street, head diagonally to the right, up a moderate slope with a block paving surface to the covered walkway.
- Follow the covered walkway, which has a block paving surface with a moderate slope down and easy slopes into the gutter at the centre.
Crossing Harmer Lane
- At the end of the covered walkway there is a moderate slope up with a tarmac surface.
- This leads up to a zebra crossing, which has dropped kerbs with tactile paving on both sides.
- The road has a tarmac surface and a moderate slope up then down, and is slightly uneven on the covered walkway side.
Sheffield Interchange Bus Station Entrance
- Past the crossing, head diagonally to the left. This leads up an easy then moderate slope with a block paving surface.
- The slope leads to the bus station entrance, which has double automatic doors, 183cm wide.
- Inside, there is a moderate slope up with a tiled surface, leading to the information offices and facilities there.
- To access stop F55, turn left before the entrance to the bus station building.
Crossing Bus Station Roads
- The path to the left before you enter the bus station has a block paving surface with a moderate slope up.
- There are 4 zebra crossings over roads leading to and from bus stops.
- All have dropped kerbs with tactile paving both sides. The roads have a tarmac surface with a moderate slope up.
Crossing Ponds Road
- At the end of the bus station area, cross Ponds Road.
- The crossing has dropped kerbs with tactile paving both sides.
- The tactile paving on the far side is adjacent to the easiest access point where there is a tarmac ramp to the kerb.
- The road has a tarmac surface, uneven in places.
Far Side of Pond Street
- After crossing Pond Street, turn left and follow the path to bus stop FS5.
- The path has a block paving surface.
- It crosses access points to loading bays and a car park where the kerbs are lowered.
- There is no clear marking or tactile paving near the entrance to the loading bays or car park so care must be taken.
- The bus stop has a raised kerb with tactile paving leading to it. The stop also has a shelter and a seat available.