COVID-19 Information (University of Southampton)
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in Southampton.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline railway stations are Southampton Parkway (Airport) and Southampton
- Central (City Centre).
- The venue does have its own car park.
- Parking is free for all users.
Venue Car Park
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- Visitors who hold a Blue Badge can park in any parking bay on campus without needing a University parking permit. Staff and students should obtain a University parking permit from the University’s parking team, which is free of charge to Blue Badge holders.
- There is a map showing disabled parking bays on Highfield Campus: please click here to view.
- If there is not a designated disabled parking bay near to a particular building, then a standard parking bay can be reserved for use by a disabled visitor by contacting parking services on 023 8059 2416.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at either end of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 77cm (2ft 6in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 3 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilets are located in the standard changing rooms.
- The female and male toilets are 5m (16ft 5in) from the main entrances.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilet.
Standard Changing Room
- There are standard changing rooms available.
- The standard changing room is 1m (3ft 3in) from the main entrances.
- The standard changing room is 20m (22yd) from the river.
- There is not level access to the standard changing rooms.
- There are not standard level access shower facilities available.
- There is not level access to the services from the shower facilities.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.