COVID-19 Information (University of Southampton)
- Services / facilities within the building include Engineering and the Environment - teaching rooms and staff offices; Architecture; iSolutions Training Room; CLS Public Workstations.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in Highfield Campus.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline railway stations are Southampton Parkway (Airport) and Southampton
- Central (City Centre).
- Visitors who hold a Blue Badge can park in any parking bay on campus without needing a University parking permit. Staff and students should obtain a University parking permit from the University’s parking team, which is free of charge to Blue Badge holders.
- There is a map showing disabled parking bays on Highfield Campus: please click here to view.
- If there is not a designated disabled parking bay near to a particular building, then a standard parking bay can be reserved for use by a disabled visitor by contacting parking services on 023 8059 2416.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is located at the front of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 Blue Badge parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the Blue Badge parking bay(s) are 245cm x 650cm (8ft x 21ft 4in).
- Designated parking bays are clearly marked.
- The nearest Blue Badge bay is 6m (6yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- The furthest Blue Badge bay is 13m (14yd 8in) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is not a road to cross between the car park and the entrance.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The intercom is in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 143cm (4ft 8in).
Second set of doors
- There is a second set of doors.
- The door(s) open(s) automatically (towards you).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The width of the door opening is 154cm (5ft 1in).
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There are 2 small thresholds leading to the first door.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is easy.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Customers cannot charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
- There is 1 medium step to access room 1015 public workstations (shown in photograph 3).
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are levels 1, 2 and 3.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The steps between levels 2 and 3 only have a handrail on the left hand side going up.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located off the corridor to the left from the main entrance.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are levels 1-2-3.
- The lift is 13m (14yd 8in) from the main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 127cm x 102cm (4ft 2in x 3ft 4in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does have an audible announcer.
- The lift does have Braille markings.
- The lift does not have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within 120cm from the floor.
- The lighting level in the lift is bright.
Level Change (Link to Building 27)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located on level 3, to the right as you exit the lift.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 111cm (3ft 8in).
- The ramp leads up to the link bridge to Building 27.
- The door leading to the bridge is 73cm (2ft 5in) wide.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Female Toilet(s)
- The female toilets are located just inside the main entrance, between the 2 sets of doors.
- The female toilets are 2m (2yd 7in) from the main entrance.
Access to Standard Male Toilet(s)
- The male toilets are located on level 2, the by stairs.
- The male toilets are 9m (9yd 2ft) from the lift.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the male toilet.
- This is by lift.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- There is also a staff only unisex toilet on level 3.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.