- Services / facilities within the building include Educational Psychology and Clinical Psychology teaching room and staff offices.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the Highfield Campus.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest mainline railway stations are Southampton Parkway (Airport) and Southampton
- Central (City Centre).
- Visitors who hold a Blue Badge can park in any parking bay on campus without needing a University parking permit. Staff and students should obtain a University parking permit from the University’s parking team, which is free of charge to Blue Badge holders.
- There is a map showing disabled parking bays on Highfield Campus: please click here to view.
- If there is not a designated disabled parking bay near to a particular building, then a standard parking bay can be reserved for use by a disabled visitor by contacting parking services on 023 8059 2416.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is not free for all users.
- The car park is located to the side of the building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There is/are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- There is a dropped kerb between the car park and the venue.
- The dropped kerb does not have tactile paving.
- The patron does have to cross a road.
- The road is generally quiet.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- This car park is for permit holders only, and is accessed from Chamberlain Road.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open towards you (pull).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 83cm (2ft 9in) wide.
- There is a small lip on the threshold of the entrance, with a height of 2cm or below.
- There is also a gap of 5cm between the landing and the door.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope does bypass the step(s).
- The ramp or slope is located to the left of the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- The width of the ramp or slope is 120cm (3ft 11in).
- There is a / are step(s) to access this area / service.
- The step(s) is / are located to the right of the entrance.
- There is / are 5 step(s) to the area / service.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- The step(s) is / are not clearly marked.
- The step(s) is / are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The handrails are on both sides.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are bright.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Customers cannot charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
- There are accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Location and Access
- The toilet is not for the sole use of disabled people.
- There is no signage on or near the toilet door.
- The accessible toilet is 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- The accessible toilet is located ahead as you enter.
- There is level access to the accessible toilet.
Features and Dimensions
- This is a unisex toilet.
- A key is not required for the accessible toilet.
- The door opens outwards (automatically).
- The door is locked by a locking handle.
- The width of the accessible toilet door is 86cm (2ft 10in).
- The door weight is light.
- The dimensions of the accessible toilet are 163cm x 200cm (5ft 4in x 6ft 7in).
- Floor manoeuvring space is clear in the accessible toilet.
- There is a lateral transfer space.
- As you face the toilet pan the transfer space is on the right.
- The lateral transfer space is 96cm (3ft 2in).
- There is a dropdown rail on the transfer side.
- There is a flush on the transfer side.
- The tap type is lever.
- There is not a mixer tap.
- There is an emergency alarm in the cubicle.
- The emergency alarm is not fully functional.
- The alarm was out of reach (higher than 10cm (4") from floor) when surveyed.
- Disposal facilities are available in the cubicle.
- There is a coat hook.
Position of Fixtures
- Wall mounted rails are available.
- As you face the toilet the wall mounted grab rails are on both sides.
- There is not a shelf within the accessible toilet.
- There are mirrors.
- Mirrors are placed at a lower level or at an angle for ease of use.
- The height of the toilet seat above floor level is 74cm (2ft 5in).
- There is a hand dryer.
- The hand dryer cannot be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The hand dryer is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The hand dryer is 135cm (4ft 5in) high.
- There is not a towel dispenser.
- There is a toilet roll holder.
- The toilet roll holder can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The toilet roll holder is placed higher than 100cm (3ft 3in).
- The toilet roll holder is 124cm (4ft 1in) high.
- There is a sink.
- The sink can be reached from seated on the toilet.
- The sink is placed higher than 74cm (2ft 5in).
- The height of the sink is 75cm (2ft 6in).
Colour Contrast and Lighting
- The contrast between the internal door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the external door and wall is good.
- The contrast between the grab rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the drop down rails and wall is poor.
- The contrast between the walls and floor is good.
- The lighting levels are medium.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located next to the accessible toilet.
- Unisex toilets are 7m (7yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.