- The library is located on the first floor of West Side.
Opening Times (Term Time)
- Monday 09:00 - 19:00..
- Tuesday 09:00 - 19:00..
- Wednesday 09:00 - 19:00..
- Thursday 09:00 - 19:00..
- Friday 09:00 - 19:00..
- Saturday 10:00 - 16:00..
- Sunday Closed.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- This venue is situated in the Winchester Campus.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Winchester.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- Visitors who hold a Blue Badge can park in any parking bay on campus without needing a University parking permit. Staff and students should obtain a University parking permit from the University’s parking team, which is free of charge to Blue Badge holders.
- There is a map showing disabled parking bays on Highfield Campus: please click here to view.
- If there is not a designated disabled parking bay near to a particular building, then a standard parking bay can be reserved for use by a disabled visitor by contacting parking services on 023 8059 2416.
- The nearest parking is at the side of Reception and Admissions or at the rear of East Block. Please see the guides for both buildings for further details.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open automatically.
- The doors are double width.
- The door opening is 82cm (2ft 8in) wide.
- Only the right hand door opens automatically.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are 1-2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting level is medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- There is a lift for public use.
- The lift is located towards the rear of the building.
- The floors which are accessible by this lift are 1-2.
- The lift is 17m (19yd) from main entrance.
- Staff do not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The clear door width is 80cm (2ft 7in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 135cm x 150cm (4ft 5in x 4ft 11in).
- There are not separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- There is not a mirror to aid reversing out of the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The lift controls do have Braille markings.
- The lift controls do have tactile markings.
- The controls for the lift are within reach for a wheelchair user.
- The lighting level in the lift is medium.
Outside Access (Library Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located on the first floor of West Side.
- There is level access into the venue.
- Level access is via lift.
- The main door(s) open(s) automatically.
- The door(s) is / are single.
- The door(s) is / are permanently held open.
- The width of the door opening is 77cm (2ft 6in).
- There are barriers in front of the entrance which are 90cms wide.
- There is level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- Customers cannot charge scooters or wheelchairs at the venue.
- Library Reception is located to the left, just inside the library entrance.
- The desk is 7m (7yd 1ft) from the library entrance.
- The reception area is clearly visible from the entrance.
- There is step free access to this reception area, via lift.
- The lighting levels in the reception area are medium.
- The reception desk/counter is medium height (77cm - 109cm).
- There is a low section of the counter (76cm or below) available.
- There is a clear knee recess beneath the low counter.
- The desk is staffed.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The type of system is a fixed loop.
- The hearing assistance system is not signed.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in Braille.
- This library does have a regular supply of books in large print.
- This library does not have a regular supply of books in audio format.
- There is an ordering service.
- It takes approximately 7 days to process an order.
- The library does have computers with accessible software.
- Auxiliary aids are not available for computer users.
- There are computers for students to use, throughout the library.
- The nearest adapted toilet is located in West Side. Please see the guide for West Side for further details.
- The nearest standard male and female toilets are located in West Side. Please see the guide for West Side for further details.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Staff do receive deaf awareness training.
- Documents are not available in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not normally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.