COVID-19 Information (University of St Andrews)
- The Alternative Format Suite produces a large amount of the Braille and large print media that is available at the University.
- Within the building there is a Braille machine, computers on which large print books are produced and two sound proof booths in which audio books are recorded. .
- The venue is situated within the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in St Andrews.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest mainline station is Leuchars.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does not have its own car park.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- On street marked Blue Badge bays are not available.
- Clearly signed and / or standard marked parking bays are available.
- The dimensions of the standard marked parking bays are 480cm x 510cm (15ft 9in x 16ft 9in).
- Standard marked parking bays are located on North Street.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 75cm (2ft 6in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There are steps to access this area / service.
- The steps are located in front of the entrance.
- There is / are 2 step(s) to the area / service.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are shallow.
- The steps do not have handrails.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is a hearing assistance system.
- The system is a portable loop.
- Staff are trained to use the system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Motorised scooters are allowed in public parts of the venue.
- There are not accessible toilets within this venue designated for public use.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are not available.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents are available in Braille.
- Documents are available in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are Text Relay aware.