Location of Room(s)
- 004 - Workshop is located on the ground floor at the rear of the building.
- There is step free access from the accessible entrance to 004 - Workshop.
- To view the AccessAble Access Guide for Priestman Building please click here (new tab).
- The workshop is based at the rear of the rear corridor.
- Directional and locational signage for the workshop is available in upper and lower case lettering that is clearly visible.
- The corridor outside the workshop is sufficiently wide (150cm+) to allow wheelchair users to pass.
- There is step free access into the room from the corridor.
- The door is double with on leaf locked, and is 75cm+ wide. It is not automatic.
- The workshop comprises work areas off a main corridor, with a split level rear, with work benches, tooling machines, and paint/spray areas.
- There is not a visual fire alarm beacon in the room.
- There is fixed furniture within the rooms.
- The clear space beneath tables and benches in the rooms ranges between 67cm and 90cm.
- A height adjustable bench is not available.
- There are chairs with armrests available within the rooms.
- The room does not have an unobstructed minimum turning space of 150cm x 150cm, but furniture can be moved to allow a turning space for wheelchairs.
- Floor coverings in the rooms are even, but there are trip hazards.
- The lift is located at the rear to give access to the upper level.
- The lift is clearly visible from the entrance.
- The lift is approximately 10m (10yd 2ft) from the room entrance.
- The lift is a platform lift.
- A member of staff does not need to be notified for use of the lift.
- The platform lift accesses a small level change.
- The weight limit for the lift is 250Kg.
- There is not a clear level manoeuvring space of 150cm × 150cm in front of the lift.
- The clear door width is 90cm (2ft 11in).
- The dimensions of the lift are 81cm x 140cm (2ft 8in x 4ft 7in).
- There are separate entry and exit doors in the lift.
- The lift does not have a visual floor indicator.
- The lift does not have an audible announcer.
- The internal controls for the lift are within 90cm - 120cm from the floor.
- There is not a hearing loop system.
- The lift does not have Braille markings.
- The lift does have tactile markings.
- The lighting levels in the lift are moderate to good.
- There is a deep 24cm step to access the lift.
A steep portable ramp is available (not seen) which is used by staff for trolleys.