- The information in this section was taken in December 2020.
- Wherever external queuing is necessary, 2m floor markings have been implemented.
- Student ambassadors are employed to guide people around campus and assist with queue management.
- Hand sanitisers are available at the main entrances and exit points of all buildings, along with main foot flow areas.
- All meeting rooms and social spaces have maximum occupancy on the doors.
- Classrooms and lecture theatres have been timetabled with maximum occupancies considered.
- One way systems have been implemented in most buildings where 2m separation in the corridor cannot be maintained.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- Screens have been added at receptions/ all customer facing services and in some computer clusters.
- Alternate sinks in toilets are out of action to maintain social distancing.
- Social distancing signage has installed for toilet facilities.
- Face coverings are to be worn in buildings.
- Track and Trace barcodes are located at every building entrance.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Additional information about the measures in place for Covid-19 can be found here (new tab)
- Services / facilities within the building include self catering student accommodation.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the town.
- This venue is situated in Brighton.
- The nearest mainline station is Brighton.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for all users.
- The car park is at the side of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- There are 0 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is concrete.
- There is a dropped kerb / non stepped access from the car park to the venue.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the side of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The bell is not in a suitable position to allow wheelchair users to gain access.
- The main doors open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The doors are heavy.
- The door opening is 91cm (2ft 12in) wide.
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located leading to the entrance.
- The ramp or slope is easy.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- Motorised scooters are not allowed in public parts of the venue.
Location of Accessible Accommodation
- The establishment provides 0 accessible accommodation facilities with an ensuite and/or separate accessible bathroom.
Auxiliary Aids - General
- Some of the rooms have auxiliary aids for people with sensory impairments.
- Vibrating fire alarms are available on request.
- The accommodation does not provide any other auxiliary aids for people with mobility impairments.
- Assistance dogs are welcome to stay with residents in standard rooms.
Ground Floor Rooms
- Ground floor rooms do have level access.
- Rooms are located to the left as you enter.
- Adjoining rooms are not available.
Standard Rooms on Other Floors
- There are not standard rooms on other floors.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1-2.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are not clearly marked.
- The steps are medium.
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on the right going up.
- There is a landing.
- The services on the floors which are not accessible are rooms.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.
Deaf Messaging Service
- For more information on the Deaf Messaging Service please click here.