- The information in this section was taken in December 2020.
- Wherever external queuing is necessary, 2m floor markings have been implemented.
- Student ambassadors are employed to guide people around campus and assist with queue management.
- Hand sanitisers are available at the main entrances and exit points of all buildings, along with main foot flow areas.
- All meeting rooms and social spaces have maximum occupancy on the doors.
- Classrooms and lecture theatres have been timetabled with maximum occupancies considered.
- One way systems have been implemented in most buildings where 2m separation in the corridor cannot be maintained.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- Screens have been added at receptions/ all customer facing services and in some computer clusters.
- Alternate sinks in toilets are out of action to maintain social distancing.
- Social distancing signage has installed for toilet facilities.
- Face coverings are to be worn in buildings.
- Track and Trace barcodes are located at every building entrance.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Additional information about the measures in place for Covid-19 can be found here (new tab)
- Services / facilities within the building include a laboratory/studio and offices used by the BBC programme "Bang Goes The Theory".
- The Accelerator Building does not have a unique postcode. (It receives no postal deliveries).
- The postcode given here, for satellite navigation purposes, is for the adjacent Genome Building.
- The venue is situated within the centre of the campus.
- The nearest National Rail station is Falmer.
- There is a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
Parking (Car Park 1)
- This car park is only for permit holders and Blue Badge holders only.
- There are no parking charges for permit holders and Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is at the front of the venue.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do not need to be booked in advance.
- There are 9 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 3.7m x 4.5m (12ft 1in x 14ft 9in).
- The nearest designated bay is 36m (39yd) from the main entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 54m (59yd) from the main entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is not accessible to a wheelchair.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- There is a steep slope leading down to this building from Car Park 1.
- Blue Badge holders can park in the area directly outside the building (shown in photograph 2).
- For further details on parking on campus please see the university website parking page.
Outside Access (Main Entrance)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building, opposite Pevensey II.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open(s) towards you (pull).
- The door(s) is / are double.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The width of the door opening is 160cm (5ft 3in).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp/slope to access this area/service.
- The ramp/slope is located in front of the entrance.
- The ramp/slope is steep.
- The ramp/slope is permanent.
- There is a level landing at the top of the ramp/slope.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There is not tactile paving at the top and bottom of the steps.
- There is not level access to the service(s).
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are adjustable.
Level Change (Main Laboratory)
- There is a/are step(s) to access this area/service.
- The step(s) is/are located to the side of the main laboratory.
- There is/are 4 step(s) to the area/service.
- The lighting levels at the step(s) are adjustable.
- The step(s) is/are clearly marked.
- The step(s) is/are medium height (11cm - 17cm).
- There is a/are handrail(s) at the step(s).
- The handrail(s) is/are on the right going up.
- Accessible toilet facilities are not available.
- The nearest accessible toilet is located in Pevensey II.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilet facilities are available.
Access to Standard Female and Male Toilet(s)
- The female and male toilet facilities that were surveyed are located to the right immediately after the main entrance.
- The female and male toilets are approximately 5m (5yd 1ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the female and male toilets.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do not receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- Staff are not Text Relay aware.
Deaf Messaging Service
- For more information on the Deaf Messaging Service please click here.