- Related link London College of Fashion - Golden Lane - Main Building.
- Related link London College of Fashion - Golden Lane - Meeting Room and Offices.
- This route plan details the journey from Barbican Tube Station to Golden Lane - Main Building.
Exit Barbican Station
- Exit Barbican Station onto Aldersgate Street.
- There is an easy ramp onto the road immediately upon entrance.
Cross Aldersgate Street at the pedestrian crossing
- There are traffic lights at this crossing.
- There are tactile dropped kerbs on both sides of the road.
- There is a central island which also has tactile paving.
- This road is particularly busy.
Turn left and down Aldersgate to Fann Street
- The surface of the pavement is concrete.
- The surface is slightly uneven and there are gentle gradients both uphill and sloping towards the road.
- There is a bus stop as you go up Aldergate.
- There is a bus stop for Barabican Station along Aldersgate.
- It has a shelter, an electronic timetable and seating available.
- It serves routes 4, 56 and 153.
Cross Fann Street
- There are dropped kerbs on each side of the road.
- The paving on either side of the road is dimpled.
- The surface of the road is tarmac.
Turn right and down Fann Street
- The gradient is slightly down hill and there is a slight slope towards the road.
- There are plant pots on the left of the street and lamp posts between them, creating a width of 145cm.
Service road to Golden Lane Housing Estate
- The road has dimpled dropped kerbs on both sides.
- The road surface is concrete that is slightly cracked.
Continue along Fann Street
- The surface of the road is concrete and is slightly uneven.
- The gradient of the road is downhill and there is a slight gradient.
Cross the Cuthbert Harrowing House Service Road
- There are tarmac dropped kerbs on either side of the road which has a concrete surface.
Continue along Fann Street and turn left into Golden Lane
- When you reach Golden Lane there is a slight incline towards the road.
- There is blocked paving in the area around Bowater House to your left.
- The rest of the pedestrian area is concrete.
- The surfaces here are uneven.
Head down Golden Lane
- There is a cloister area by the housing on your left with block paving.
- There is a slight gradient uphill and another towards the road.
- As you progress up the road it becomes narrower and there is only a tarmac surface.
Cross City of London Education Service Road
- There are dropped kerbs on either side.
- The dropped kerb on the near side is dimpled.
- The surface of the service road is uneven concrete.
Cross New River College service road
- After a very small section of concrete pavement you will encounter this service road.
- There are dropped kerbs on either side and the surface of the road itself is concrete.
- There is then a small section of concrete paving followed by a similar service road.
- This one also has dropped kerbs on both sides, however the first is concrete and the other cobbled.
- The surface of the road is concrete.
Arrive at Golden Lane Main Building gate
- There is a small section of block paving and then you will encounter the road entering the venue.
- You will need to turn left here, through the gate and across the car park to enter the building.