- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- UAL is regularly reviewing all access to buildings and facilities in response to the latest government guidance. Check the updates on the Coronavirus: Important Information page to find out more.
- There are external floor markings in place to assist with social distancing.
- There are separate doors for entering and exiting.
- The revolving door at the front is used for entering and the automatic door at the front is used for exiting. Both doors are separated by a barrier.
- If users require the automatic door for access then this can be provided.
- There is a member of staff available at the entrance.
- Hand sanitisers have been installed at both the entrance and exit, also within communal and office areas.
- There is a one way system in place on the second and third floors. Access to these floors is via the main lift lobby, exiting these floors is via the rear lift lobby.
- Restrictions are currently in place for office spaces and classrooms. However, desks and chairs in office spaces and classrooms have been rearranged to allow for social distancing.
- There is clear signage inside to help with social distancing.
- Directional and social distancing signage has been installed on walls and floors throughout.
- Protective screens have been installed at reception, in the canteen and in the coffee shop.
- All toilets are operational, however some cubicles have been closed, these are clearly marked before entering.
- Both female and male changing/shower rooms are restricted to two people at any one time.
- Facial masks are required on site, including around communal areas and on staircases.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
Location of Room(s)
- Quiet Space is/are located on the lower ground floor through Learning Technology Support.
- To view the AccessAble access guide for UAL - Student Services please click here (new tab).
- Directional and locational signage for the room(s) is available in upper and lower case lettering that is clearly visible.
- The corridor outside the room(s) is sufficiently wide enough (150cm+) to allow wheelchair users to pass.
- There is step free access into the room(s).
- The door opening width(s) is/are 75cm+ for the room(s).
- The door(s) for the room(s) is/are not push pad activated.
- There is not a hearing assistance system for the room(s).
- There is a visual fire alarm beacon in the room(s).
- There is not fixed furniture within the room(s).
- There is sufficient space for a wheelchair user to manoeuvre within the room(s).
- A height adjustable table/bench is not available.
- There are no chairs with armrests on both sides within the room(s).
- Floor coverings in the room(s) are even with no trip hazards.
- There is facility for washing feet available in the room (as shown in photograph 4).