- The information in this section was taken in October 2020.
- UAL is regularly reviewing all access to buildings and facilities in response to the latest government guidance. Check the updates on the Coronavirus: Important Information page to find out more.
- There have been no changes to parking or the Blue Badge parking bays.
- There are currently no external queuing systems in place.
- All buildings now have entrances and exits via separate doors to assist with social distancing.
- Hand sanitising stations have been installed at entrances, corridors and outside studios.
- There are restrictions on the number of people allowed into service areas at any one time i.e. toilets.
- A one way system has been introduced to assist with social distancing.
- Signage has been introduced to assist with the one way system.
- Wash your hand signs have been placed throughout.
- Protective screens are now in place at the main reception and the library.
- The lifts are limited to one person only.
- Some urinals and cubicles in the toilets have been closed to assist with social distancing.
- Shower cubicles in the new building have been restricted to two people only.
- Staff are located at the main entrance to ensure people sign the track and trace sheets and remind everyone of the one way system.
- For more information about the measures in place for Covid-19 please click here (new tab) .
- Services include:.
- House 1 - staff offices, including Dean's Office.
- House 2 - ground floor studios and seminar room, first floor staff offices.
- House 1 is not normally accessible to students.
- These buildings are located to the left of the Reception Building.
- They are approximately 70m from the Blue Badge parking bays.
- For the campus opening times please click here.
- The venue is situated outside the centre of the city.
- This venue is situated in London.
- The venue is not situated on a road which has a steep gradient.
- The nearest National Rail station is Wimbledon / Wimbledon Chase.
- There is not a bus stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- There is not a tram stop within 150m (164yds) of the venue.
- The nearest underground station is Wimbledon.
- Note that Wimbledon station is accessible, with lifts/ slopes to platforms.
- Wimbledon Chase station has access by steps only.
Parking (Staff and Blue Badge Parking)
- The venue does have its own car park.
Venue Car Park
- Parking is free for Blue Badge holders.
- The car park is located in front of the Main Entrance Building.
- The car park type is open air/surface.
- Parking spaces for Blue Badge holders do need to be booked in advance.
- There is/are 2 designated parking bay(s) within the car park.
- The dimensions of the designated parking bay(s) are 365cm x 490cm (11ft 12in x 16ft 1in).
- The nearest designated bay is 14m (15yd 11in) from the Reception Building entrance.
- The furthest designated bay is 17m (18yd 1ft) from the Reception Building entrance.
- The route from the car park to the entrance is accessible to a wheelchair user with assistance.
- Assistance may be required because there is / are slopes/ramps.
- The car park surface is tarmac.
- The patron does not have to cross a road.
- The car park does not have a height restriction barrier.
On Street Parking and Drop-off Details.
- There is not a designated drop off point.
- The gate to the car park is normally closed and needs to be unlocked by security staff as required.
- There are on-street pay and display parking bays in the road outside the venue.
Outside Access (Main Entrance - House 2)
- This information is for the entrance located at the front of the building.
- There is not level access into the venue.
- The main door(s) open away from you (push).
- The doors are single width.
- The door(s) is / are heavy.
- The door opening is 80cm (2ft 7in) wide.
- The card reader touch pad is 110cm high.
- There is a similar entrance to House 1 (picture 3).
Level Change (Main Entrance)
- There is a ramp or slope to access this service.
- The ramp or slope is located curving up to the entrance from the right.
- The ramp or slope is moderate.
- The ramp or slope is permanent.
- There is not a level landing at the top of the ramp.
- The ramp does not have handrails.
- There are similar slopes to both house entrances.
- There is level access to the service.
- There is not a hearing assistance system.
- This venue does not play background music.
- The lighting levels are varied.
- The floors which are accessible by stairs are G-1.
- There are 15+ steps between floors.
- The lighting levels are medium.
- The steps are clearly marked.
- The steps are deep (18cm+).
- The steps do have handrails.
- The steps have a handrail on both sides.
- There is a landing.
- The services / areas on the floors which are not accessible are staff offices.
Meeting Room H1_3
- The meeting room is located on the left hand side of the secretaries office.
- The door is heavy, opens away from you and is 78cm wide.
- The table has a height of 70cm and is not moveable.
- Chairs are standard with no armrests.
- The light switch is at a height of 138cm.
- The room is 7m from the main entrance,
- The nearest accessible toilet is located in the New Studios Building.
- The nearest accessible toilet is in the New Studio Building.
Availability and Location of Standard Toilets
- Standard toilets are available.
Access to Standard Shared Toilet(s)
- The unisex toilets are located at the ground floor, to the rear of the building.
- Unisex toilets are 8m (8yd 2ft) from the main entrance.
- Inside the venue, there is level access to the unisex toilet.
- Lighting levels are medium.
- Staff do receive disability awareness / equality training.
- Documents can be requested in Braille.
- Documents can be requested in large print.
- A member of staff trained in BSL skills is not generally on duty.
- This service can be requested.
- All the Wimbledon College buildings are fitted with the Deaf Message Service to give emergency evacuation text message warnings.
- Details are available from reception.